Shuzz's 62 Baja Bug. Maybe...

• 2 months later...

Useless two monthly update.....

Been using it most days, dunno how many miles I've put on it coz the speedo's broken. That also makes passing speed cameras and police cars a bit of a laugh. No tickets yet.

It's been fine though. A bit noisy and slow but it always puts a smile on my face and hasn't let me down.. Chicks dig it, most blokes hate it and give me filthy looks. Probably because their chicks dig it....

Adjusted brakes and pedal as the travel was starting to make my foot shade the throttle pedal and so made life exciting in slowing traffic. My mate is still promising to pull the 1641 motor out of storage. I'm doing some work for him so will hold him to ransom in a minute.Not going to put the big rims on until the new motor is in, not sure it'll move with only 40 hp. I've started flatting the paint. Ether going to go full on 70's lace work panels or just blow it over in white and get some mod top vinyl for the roof and interior. Gonna get the rims chromed and paint the drums red because I can.

Pics

004 small.jpg

mod top aye

modtop 1.jpg

Before I took the stickers off I drove to Sicily

bug.jpg

syracuse bug.jpg

I may have made that last bit up...

• Like 8

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Monthly not much really post, just a shameless thread bump.

Roof paint has started a few conversations, received many "hang loose" signs from my fellow Dubbers and caused a few heads to shake and brows to furrow..

Winter's on the way. For us, anyway. Reconnected the heater tubes to the heater channels this time so maybe my toes will be warm this time.

Going to pull starter off as it's getting a bit sluggish, could be engine earth but I haven't found one yet. That might explain it then.

Also, found some mudflaps on a dusty shelf at my mates garage. He said "Have 'em". He didn't need to tell me twice.

/pics

004.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...