sanfiddys 1973 vauxhall viva

Sanfiddy

Another project thats sat around for a while, got this mellow yellow viva a few years ago, brought it off a guy in blenheim, supposedly his grandmas, looks like it was a one owner car once. really tidy interior, i doubt granny had the red racing bonnet but everything else looks okay, few carpark dings. still had some retirement home cards in the back seat and a disabled card on the rear view mirror.

she's a yellow 1300 manual, not exactly high spec but i took my chances and drove home to nelson one week night, had sat around for a while and had stale fuel, filled it up and put a battery in it, and it actually made it back okay, got a fuel block halfway up the whanagmos, turns out it had a custom fuel line from the tank as the old one was blocked too.

luckily i had my follow car, left it on the side of the road and boosted home to get more fuel and more hose.

since then, i rebuilt the carb, made a new fuel line, flushed the tank, had gravel in it!   New filters, plugs, leads, coil, points, new rear brakes new front brakes ect ect and took a muffler out of the exhaust, runs real good now!

took it for a wof, failed on a few basic lights, all 4 tyres, rear brake imbalance (since fixed) and the battery not secured. 

since then its kinda sat at home, needs to get on the road when i have time! 

might be past the 28 days for the of re-check

Photo of the day i got it, in the guys driveway with a massive battery to compensate for the alternator not working

11722042_1004988362869218_369161823_n.jpg

• Like 1