Auckland Monthly Meet - Wednesday 23rd August

Just now, Matteybean said:

from memory the burgerfuel dudes wete going to park their ute  long way across parks for us so that'll free up a couple. I reckon if we all brung a cone (no not the sweetest geebah puhuhu) road cones n corner it all off

Yeah he was going to put the trailer on the back also to take up more space 

• Like 1

I did try to hold a couple of carparks, moved too early and someone else snaked the second spot though. 

IMG_0659.thumb.JPG.e1ff3abc22d7d78d2c9880b60c86a984.JPG

3 hours ago, shaneo said:

So busy there no parking. What is the plan for meets moving forward ? What about Mt Wellington Burger Fuel car park is no where near as crazy busy we might be able to park more than 2 cars beside each other

I find Mt Wellington is often very busy with the supermarket being there and construction going on at the moment limiting carparking spaces. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaneo said:

So busy there no parking. What is the plan for meets moving forward ? What about Mt Wellington Burger Fuel car park is no where near as crazy busy we might be able to park more than 2 cars beside each other

There is no plan but we're looking into finding a more suitable location. More suggestions are welcome
I don't agree with the statement regarding not being able to park more than 2 cars beside eachother or having no parking. That's just having a whinge.
But I do agree that we need to keep searching to find a venue that is more suitable. This is just a side effect of living in a city: Things are busy.

The Mt Wellington carpark is worse for several reasons including;
- A similar lack of adequate parking (construction and repairs are currently underway further limiting the available parking)
- Standard of driving there is horrendous.

The Manukau Burgerfuel is an option. It has more available car parking than the Mt Wellington and Mt Roskill Burgerfuels combined.
It also has a large covered carpark which is well lit and generally very empty. We could commandeer and entire corner to ourselves.
The only issue is the fact that the cars will be undercover and not visible from the food establishments like Burgerfuel. However, we often have part of our group remaining with the group while other parts go and get food, as per our Ellerslie location so this may still work.

More suggestions are welcome.

• Like 2

Does it need to be at a Burgerfuel?  

Just thinking of spots with parking, there's the Cock n Bull (or whatever it's called now) in Lynfield which has a handful of restaurants around it.

Tonnes of parking at Westgate for 10 pin bowling, a foodcourt, or a game of pool? Also handy that it's just off the motorway

• Like 1

No. It doesn't need to be at Burgerfuel. They've been good to us for quite some time though and keeping this relationship going would be nice but is not mandatory.
Good suggestions. Go and scout them out on a Wednesday night and let us know if there's enough parking and space etc.

I'll be doing the same with a few places that I can think of.

• Like 1

didn't get to make it last night because the car wouldn't start - either a battery or starter motor issue I think - shut the garage door without too much further investigation .

Westgate would be too far west (IMO) - has to be fairly 'central' ie; no further south/east than Mt Wellington - No further North than Takapuna - no futher west than current location.  that way its sort of fair to everyone-ish.  Difficult to think of locations that aren't Greenlane McDicks to be honest.

• Like 2

I'm not having a winge . Just really missed the relaxed style in the way the meeting are held where we all have a look at each others cars and talk about them. I'm keen for any where and I agree its just a really busy city now days  

• Like 1

You can thank old mate bugalugs with the "insomniac" child for that.

Someone suggested last night that we could park in the section further away from the Warehouse and food places (roughly in front of the Reduced to Clear store) as that whole area remained fairly empty all evening. Sure it's not right next to Burgerfuel, but as mentioned neither was the top carpark at Ellerslie nor Countdown Manukau.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, oldrx7 said:

didn't get to make it last night because the car wouldn't start - either a battery or starter motor issue I think - shut the garage door without too much further investigation .

Westgate would be too far west (IMO) - has to be fairly 'central' ie; no further south/east than Mt Wellington - No further North than Takapuna - no futher west than current location.  that way its sort of fair to everyone-ish.  Difficult to think of locations that aren't Greenlane McDicks to be honest.

agreed. anywhere central would be fair but the closer to cbd the busier the area will be. couple sweet carparks out pukekohe.  the burgerfuel out here has a sweet carpark n being in the middle of bloody no where is never full. and as I always hear in the radio "just half an hour from the city" maayte

• Like 1