frushez 'restores' a crown wagon

frushez

On 8/1/2017 at 21:01, Firetruck said:

Oh wow, where'd you find that heap? I look forward to seeing it's revival.

A friend of a friend had it lying around for ages. Told me to basically take it away, so that's exactly what I did

Will do a little update tomorrow. Still trying to figure out this idling issue

• Like 2

Definitely thinking about the V12 repower but that's a story for another day..

Was meant to take after photos but forgot, so here's a big ass spider that crept out from the engine bay, just to keep y'all posted with the wildlife progress:

IMG_5490.JPG

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been slack as all shit, but I've made a promise to myself (ha) that this long weekend i'll get some shit done.

In the mean time, what's the bet this will pass a wof? it's not broken thru, just surface/bit crap.

And anyone in Central-ish Auckland able to swap some tyres over for me? box of piss etc 

IMG_5474 2.JPG

IMG_5478.JPG

11 minutes ago, chees- said:

That will defs fail, grind it back, rust kill and paint it. Ease as

11 minutes ago, azzurro said:

personally id grind that back and slap some paint on it before ol' Mate sees it

edit beaten!

What's the go-to/recommended rust kill solution round here? /new to this old car business

Go to bunnings and buy some rannex it’s phosphoic acid and is the simplest most effective product IMO (don’t trust those “primer” ones they have bad adhesion). Rub on with scotch brite and wash off with water. Poor mans version is white vinnager but it’s a less aggressive acid so takes more time and more applications usually. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Go to bunnings and buy some rannex it’s phosphoic acid and is the simplest most effective product IMO (don’t trust those “primer” ones they have bad adhesion). Rub on with scotch brite and wash off with water. Poor mans version is white vinnager but it’s a less aggressive acid so takes more time and more applications usually. 

that's my long weekend sorted. pearler 

Yea so I would probably to all that by hand, sand it with 60/80 then rust kill (repeat that a few times), theres probably holes in there and doing it by hand will take way longer but much less mess if you aren't doing cutty-weldy. Hit with some filler and maybe get some 2 part epoxy primer and brush it on for longevity of the repair (can get 1L from a automotive paint shop) then try match with some cheap silver (probably brush on again). Good little weekend project, many ways to do it.

Just now, Spencer said:

Yea so I would probably to all that by hand, sand it with 60/80 then rust kill (repeat that a few times), theres probably holes in there and doing it by hand will take way longer but much less mess if you aren't doing cutty-weldy. Hit with some filler and maybe get some 2 part epoxy primer and brush it on for longevity of the repair (can get 1L from a automotive paint shop) then try match with some cheap silver (probably brush on again). Good little weekend project, many ways to do it.

Cheers for this! Will have a crack at it