How remove sprocket from 1988 toyota distributor

simcaclub

Hi guys, I am refurbishing the distributor from my sons 1988 ke70. Does anybody know how to remove the sprocket on the bottom of this distributor? It looks like it is hold by a pin with the sides hammered.

The shaft has 1mm play on the top, and the car is losing all its power in high ref.

I saw on fleebay chinese distributors for $87. is that something?

vKN7S7o.jpg

• Like 1

The pin appears that is has flared ends on both sides i guess?

also is the wear caused by wear in the keyway on the shaft or wear in the pin?

if pin you could possibly by using a dot punch flare the ends a tad more to take up the play if you cant remove the pin.

otherwise could drill it out if your keen enough

The play will be caused by the bushing in the distributor having worn out (brass).

Chinese distributors are crap, stay away from them.

You can remove the pin by drilling an end out. You can probably replace it with a nice snug roll pin.

I'd try and track down a genuine Toyota electronic distributor off of a 4K-E or a 5K if I was you, they cost a bit but you can't really beat them for quality and reliability.

Also replace that O-Ring that is on the outer housing / replace any internal seals while you are at it. If that O-Ring is out of the engine for any appreciable length of time it will harden and leak as soon as you put it back into the car.