64valiant

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/08/2017 at 22:19, 10Speed said:

ready for that subagears buy whenever you are  :wink:

I've been talking to Paul from vdub shoppe and he sells heaps of adapter kits for off roaders to suit ej20 for around the 1500 mark. 

If they can handle in an off roader I think this might be my best option for the van. 

It's never going to be a high hp van just a holiday home with better power and economy/reliability put into it. 

What's a Subaru gears set up worth atm. 

• Like 2

The absolute cheapest option is about $1900AUD, obviously, you'll need a Subaru gearbox (my donor box cost me about $450), about 5hrs labour on top and also fabricate some mounts yourself.  But at the end of that, you end up with a stronger box and 5 gears to choose from.

• Like 7

Not really just don't have a picture of mine yet. Both these photos are different style to what mine will look like when done. 

And as of running gear I think it's time for you to do a little reading figure out how it works. Engine behind diff just like the other air cooled volkswagens 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to following this thread, I love bay windows! Have always wanted one with a Subaru engine, we are travelling around the uk and Europe at the moment in a T5 camper, see so many sweet buses over here! Just walked past this camper in the car park. 

IMG_6019.JPG

• Like 1