Tristans 1971 Triumph 2500 pi estate

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Especially if you paint the whole car black and call it the Deceased Estate. :twisted:

REAL-METAL-FANS-thumbs.jpg

(don't actually do that)

From the NZTA:

In certain circumstances we will allow the re-issue of a vehicle’s older style black and silver plates. The following conditions apply.

• The number on the plates must be still available. Sometimes people use a number from the old black plates and put it on a personalised plate – in such cases the old plates cannot be re-used as the number has been 'taken'.
  • The plates must be in good condition.
  • You must prove that they were the plates issued to the vehicle when the registration was cancelled. The best evidence is the certificate of registration or other paperwork (insurance policy, repair receipts showing the registration number, etc).

This rule only applies to those who are reregistering their vehicle.

Edited by Thousand Dollar Supercar

24 minutes ago, Nominal said:

I don't think recovering the black plate option is available after it has been re-reg with a new number, but it doesn't say that on the VCC document?

This is correct - I tried to get the original plate back on my bike after this rule had been brought in. I couldn't as it had been re-regged with a new plate