Tristans 1971 Triumph 2500 pi estate

So after searching and searching i finally found my self one of these fine wagons!  i had a few wanted posts out! and finally the long awaited day came! were i got a text from a guy who said he has one for sale! the car was located in the south island in bluff! which was a fair away from were i am located. we agreed on a price then i sorted a transport company to bring it over! i payed way to much for it! but it dident bother me at all! just wanted to find one so bad. so when it first arrived i was just so dam happy with it! It definitely needs some work but its all repairable! the previous owner got the tailgate repaired and did a few small jobs, but thats about it. he just said he drove it for years until it got to rough then he replaced it with a saloon one, The car got imported in 1972 so it was only registered in England for one year!  anyway im just pretty excited for this one! favorite wagon i have had so far!

im so so eager to have it on the road! i wanna just be doing road trips and camping missions in it already haha! so i guess at this stage i aint gonna go through all the effort and restore it! im just gonna fix all the rust and get everything working properly! just enough to get it on the road! i wont bother respraying it at this stage yet either! ill just to paint touch up nothing wrong with abit of patina! i recently purchased some nos panels too! so later down the track ill strip it down and give it the love it needs! the interior is not the best either ill probably deal with it for now, and eventually get it retrimmed to the nice tan color they come in!  The car runs! but not great haha! still haven't decided what im gonna do about this, i think i might just chuck some carbs on it just to get it up and running right! i already have a pi saloon, so one unreliable cars enough for now! 

What should i do for wheels? i was thinking of getting some 15 inch ssr formula mesh wheels from japan? i see that Beavers old 2000 wagon had some banded steels on! that looked pretty cool! i fitted some 14x8 ssr starsharks on the other day, im not fully convinced they look great yet tho! they look too shiny for it haha! but my mind might change once the cars lowered! some hopefully by my next update this car will be on the road!  but my deadline is for wagnats next year! which is ages away!  i would take the Herald wagon but i think thats too small to fit a mattress in the back haha! should be good either way! 

Mind the long lawns haha! 

IMG_6824_opt.jpg.71fff8378abd977716b25d6158cb0779.jpgIMG_6825_opt.jpg.a0f475dd158eb6c773914081e04111dd.jpgIMG_6828_opt.jpg.bc2e9f387e0b382ae05124a18dc370f6.jpg

IMG_6829_opt.jpg.c9534e5c152405fcc71a50c91be6f572.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

So plans changed and the further i got into it the more of a POS i found out it was, i decided ill strip most of it back and fix the most serious rust then give it a paint to make it presentable for the next couple of years, after i finish one of my other projects i will then continue to strip this right back to a shell and get the car refurbished properly. For now ill just make the most of it and enjoy it, its far from perfect but it will be used! 

In the process of getting rust fixed then she got primed.

IMG_7184_opt.jpg.c5b8bf981be6a576014a54c2a0b05edf.jpg

She done got all painted, just keeping it white for now.

IMG_7300_opt.jpg.fa82fb59d526e47dd4a25c44db770614.jpg

IMG_7304_opt.jpg.d33e8f1ffdd785e0ffcb21ea23882fae.jpg

Also whats peoples opinions does it look better with or without the stripe?

IMG_7306_opt.jpg.c439339e0a9bffdd8be8a2c163d87b26.jpgIMG_7299_opt.jpg.717d9ba22d5d13b953d9dabb47de8658.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...