2 Trailer Loads of Death... Mostly Gyro X build thread

Raizer

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had the front wheel powder coated the other day, originally took it to be polished but the only polisher in town laughed and said fuck trying to polish that!

So yeah he coated it in a metallic silver powder with a metal fleck clear coat.

IMG_20171114_141120.jpg.c0c31c7772a7a487634d71b9ac8bd75f.jpg

I dug it!

• Like 5

Stepping back in time a week or so now.

When I brought the AF35 fork and AF56 stem combo I was told by a couple different guys in Japan that I won't have much steering etc, thanks to the language issues we had I had taken it to mean that the fork hit the steering stop etc on the frame, which is part was right (I posted my mod to get around that a while back)

Turns out there was more to it than that though!

Now I knew how much had to be cut up to clear the forks, I had a fairly hard choice to make, do I A: go back to a stock leading link fork and save the AF35 shocks and disk brake for my Matty B hack build?

Or B: bring myself to attack rather pricey brand new plastics coated in an equally expensive coat of paint?

Back to the plastics, I realized that option A was never going to be an option, so once I had all the wiring, controls (which I still want to replace one day) and cables tidied up and ready to cover and I'd run out of ways to put it of any longer I just had to go for it!IMG_20171118_153911.jpg.2307b3d11ce5becb1e73968d353d5e1e.jpg

• Like 2

IMG_20171118_185727xc.jpg.7a8c731997373db02e0dd10298957f02.jpg

Also discovered that the primer hasn't adhered to the plastic, slightest knick and it will peel off in a sheet, thankfully the worst peeled off offcuts, but fuck it looks like it'll need to be repainted ASAP!

Looking for advice on WTF to use to get primer to etch into/stick to the PVC (I think) plastic, one wash and this thing will be white again!

IMG_20171118_184831.jpg.d461ae82eb5b744889f4b294be470396.jpg

That's a shanked bolt, the head barely contacts the paint at all, look close and you'll see the massive bubble :cry:

• Sad 1