Evans attempt at injecting a V12 Jag.

Evan

I wouldn't be too worried about injector angle to be honest, more important (in my opinion) for minimising tuning ball aches is that whatever you're spraying the injector onto is as hot as possible. (ie engine/coolant temp)

What are your plans for operating the injectors? As in, how many injector drivers will you have available? If you're grouping the injectors into sets of 3 or 4 then you might get some weird issues at idle and similar. But since it's a V12 it wont be affected so much as a 4 cyl or whatever anyway so probably a moot point.

TL;DR: I heartily approve of this project 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Roman said:

I wouldn't be too worried about injector angle to be honest, more important (in my opinion) for minimising tuning ball aches is that whatever you're spraying the injector onto is as hot as possible. (ie engine/coolant temp)

What are your plans for operating the injectors? As in, how many injector drivers will you have available? If you're grouping the injectors into sets of 3 or 4 then you might get some weird issues at idle and similar. But since it's a V12 it wont be affected so much as a 4 cyl or whatever anyway so probably a moot point.

TL;DR: I heartily approve of this project 

This is a real long term fuck around type hobby and I haven't thought much about the engine management side of things - I've  spent more time dreaming about stroking it to a 7.5 litre than anything else. In saying that it will probably end up with a Link batch firing in pairs, so 6 drivers needed. It really is dumb in my opinion that aftermarket ECU manufacturers don't have a model with 12 injector drivers.

• Like 1

That distributor is the size of a dinner plate, the only reason that it hasn't gone in the bin yet is because it's doing a good job filling that hole.

Can't say I've looks at Mega/micro squirts, in my mind they were shit 10 years ago and therefore still are but I imagine that has changed.

hardly anyone knew what they were doing ten years ago so everyone made mistakes when installing and tuning them. the hardware hasn't really changed all that much tbh but they do all the same things as most all of the other tuneable ecus and the tuning software has got alot better. but mostly having a wideband and knowing what you are trying to achieve and how to use the software to change the different parameters as required is the big thing once its all wired up correctly.

so yeah will probably run terrible

just get a microtech with only 8 cells to tune and it will be mint

• Like 4