Evans attempt at injecting a V12 Jag.

Evan

3 minutes ago, CUL8R said:

If you talk to Rob Whitley (Whitley Tune) he can then use your 3d Prints to make a casting..

So, I live with Brocklee Dave, who's good buddies with Rob (I assume it's the same Rob, there can't be that many in the casting world). As far as I know Rob knows about the project from Dave talking to him, however I haven't spoken to Rob directly

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, rusty360 said:

Looks very interesting. out of interest it looks like you can 3d model on fusion 360? And you can save your modeled part as a parasolid or a xt file?

So my problem is that because I havent got any prior knowledge of CAD things I don't know what is officially considered 3D modelling. Like those intakes are just a push/pull extrusion of a 2D sketch right, so is that considered 3D modelling? Fusion does allow you to do animations and join components together and stuff so I'm going to say yes it does.... Not sure re file types. One of it's biggest assets and biggest drawbacks is fusion 360 is cloud based, everything saves to the cloud, however you can export files, haven't looked into what formats though.

• Like 1

Any reason you don't go the easier route with 3 sets of 4AGE Quads?

1.6L x 3 is 4.8L and I can't imagine a V12 pulling 8000rpm like a 4AGE so there should be more than enough airflow for a 5.3L V12?

Plus 6 sets of side/down draughts, even just finding shitty bodies to start with, is going to cost like 400 times the amount of 3 sets of quads.

But I do applaud what you are doing. @Goat may have some tips as he toyed with his V12 and a Link a long time ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, k-trips said:

Any reason you don't go the easier route with 3 sets of 4AGE Quads?

1.6L x 3 is 4.8L and I can't imagine a V12 pulling 8000rpm like a 4AGE so there should be more than enough airflow for a 5.3L V12?

Plus 6 sets of side/down draughts, even just finding shitty bodies to start with, is going to cost like 400 times the amount of 3 sets of quads.

But I do applaud what you are doing. @Goat may have some tips as he toyed with his V12 and a Link a long time ago.

Jag V12 was designed to handle 8000rpm with 4 valve heads, iirc 2 valve heads max out at about 7000rpm.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evan said:

KK, I'm going to refer you to post 1, paragraph 1.

Oh, I read it as the important part was you were trying to get a Jag V12 to run with home made injection rather than the crux being the sextuple of downdraughts on it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, k-trips said:

Oh, I read it as the important part was you were trying to get a Jag V12 to run with home made injection rather than the crux being the sextuple of downdraughts on it.

images.jpg.7c0440a2bef72f91bec3e270dc43f2db.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, k-trips said:

That where my mind went, and I was wondering why you were fucking with crabs when you're sposed to be injecting it..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BobbyBreeze said:

Nice project! Looking forward to see what you come up with when its time to turn them to aluminium. Took me probably 50 castings to get my process reliable so expect some setbacks. Well worth it in the end though! 

20170421_175712.jpg

Can you PM me a  $ of what you would charge to cast 12 of these things if I sent you some files of what I want the end result to be?