Karls - 1975 Datsun 260c Discussion

- i5oogt -

7 hours ago, xTerraH said:

sweet datto man

Are you taking suggestions for potential future engine swaps or are you happy with the LD28?

If you are taking suggestions - VQ30DET :shaking2:

sticking with the LD28. that was one of the reasons for purchase. plus its already got cert so should be an easy wof once the rust is dealt to

• Like 3

This car is soo lush. There is no better combination. Its hilariously powerful.

Ol barry did a great job diy shortening the throw in the column change too.

But yes, you have too many projects. Once govenorsam has done the rust ill 'look after it'

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see "shit getting done". I'm also in the too many projects group. Moving projects to get to the parts of projects for other projects and such.

Will need to go for a hoon in this when you've got it sorted - @fletch told me it rolls coal like a train and pulls like one too.

I see its still got the original front brakes - Ive got some hubs with big falcon (from memory) that @RUNAMUCK knows about if you need to slow the Luxobarge down a bit quicker.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, RUNAMUCK said:

You used that?

Awesome! 

The Isuzu is away on loan so yep used the ceddy. 

Just now, kyteler said:

Good news. Looking forward to taking a gander at it to reminisce.  Assuming it's not as plush as my old one?

it's the poverty model compared to the red one, less chrome trim, bench seat and column change feel free to take it for a burn over the weekend

• Like 1

does the adblue just water the fumes down @Carsnz123 like the air pumps of yesteryear on petrol engines. TBH i think just roal coal and huff as much black has gotta be safer for everyone.

Also LD28's are the king of nunga nunga - the only diesel louder is an LD28 with a stuck injector - that shit sounds like its gonna throw a rod.

On 8/24/2017 at 08:39, Carsnz123 said:

@brocky41 adblue is mainly urea which reacts with NO and NO2 resulting in it being broken down into N2 and O2. It also makes the exhaust smell even worse. 

I can breath in LD28 smoke all day but you feel like your dying when you get a breath of adblue infused exhaust fumes.

@- i5oogt - the car looks great - even with the green doors, I now know why you asked about the red ones. Have you kept the blue ones? We could do a swapsys for that multicoloured Jap ratrod 230 look lol

• Like 1