Arduino stuff/ programing/so cheap

flyingbrick

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, h4nd said:

Oops, tho SDI can support multiple devices.

Edit, analogue amp here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32965912818.htm $34 for 2x

or here https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32875383430.html @NickJ

Perfect!

I'll put that in my build list, trying to plan this entirely so I can plug it all together over a weekend, not in the mood for development on my own projects right now!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, flyingbrick said:

Needs to be on whiteboard with a duster to erase the writing afterward

That's the plan! There will be a seperate arm with a duster that will erase the time each minute. I'm kinda keen on the idea that it only erases the number that changes, but to be honest the code works OK (and is plenty sophisticated for a 16 yo!).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2021 at 14:12, h4nd said:

Mr @Roman, do you happen to know if brake lights / indicator info come up CANbus via OBD2? TiA

Sorry just saw this. Id say unlikely to even be on canbus let alone sent to obd2. (Which is usually cut down to a standard set of things)

Its possibly info on canbus though, but thats highly specific car to car.

You can use a can bus sniffer to see if any of the bits or bytes change value when you hit the brake or indicator though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roman said:

Sorry just saw this. Id say unlikely to even be on canbus let alone sent to obd2. (Which is usually cut down to a standard set of things)

Its possibly info on canbus though, but thats highly specific car to car.

You can use a can bus sniffer to see if any of the bits or bytes change value when you hit the brake or indicator though.

Thanks, you just cleared up a mis-conception I had. More here https://www.csselectronics.com/screen/page/simple-intro-obd2-explained/language/en#:~:text=Link between OBD2 and CAN,that it can run on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flyingbrick said:

How did this end up working

He's actually looking at refining it this year, I'm encouraging him to document it so that others could follow the recipe if they were interested. To be honest the technology curriculum is set up for prototyping rather than making a final polished product.

He's also making the CNC plasma I mentioned in @ThePogs thread. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

From over in Spam:

sooo, I'm vaguely thinking of making a CARduino, some shitty little PCB to make it easy to control extra things in a car (so it's already set up to run off 12-15V, a relay or two, maybe a big transistor to PWM control a fan etc, option for an LCD of some kind, timing / switch / temperature sensor inputs).

What things would people want to do? 

In some threads people have mentioned 

• ignition control
    • timing
  • car dome lamp control
  • intermittent for window wipers
  • fan control

What else you want?

(I'll update over in the arduino thread later  here ).

1794026976_newideanewpojecttellpeoplenotfinish-small.jpg.a7d52acc65cc1c8c2d0b1564ab79e443.jpg

@Nominal wanted a fuel pump control, and warned about electrical noise in cars. (Yep yep, aha!)

I'm pondering...

Would folks want

More features = more expensive, of course.

• Like 1