Election 2017: OS Meet location

Auckland Monthly Meet - Wednesday 19th July 2017  

62 members have voted

1. 1. With difficulties mounting with use of our existing Monthly Meet location, should we try this months' meet at Burgerfuel in Stoddard Rd Mt Roskill instead?

• Yeah, The Stoddard road location has heaps more parking, more food variety and no issues with us using their carpark. Let's try it!
    • Nah, why should we move when we've been going to the Ellerslie location for years. I don't like change.
    • Let's have the meet outside the house of the belligerent resident who has caused us to have to reconsider our location. Mufflers optional.
    • I don't turn up anyway but wanted to be a part of the voting process
    • Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party
    • Vote Quimby

This poll is closed to new votes

As you may have noticed for the past few months, our regular Ellerslie located Monthly Meets have been a bit different.
Due to complaints from a local resident and ongoing difficulty in being able to secure the upstairs carpark, coupled with the lack of space in the covered carpark I thought it might be an option for us to try the Stoddard Road Burgerfuel location instead:

Pros:
- Burgerfuel plus many, many more food options.
- Large carparks
- No issue with car club events. Several other clubs use this location.
- Close to the South Western motorway and the soon to be opened Waterview Tunnel. Mean Tunnel braps on the way there/home.
- Burgerfuel will still give us a free drink with any burger and fries combo, as per usual

Cons:
- Further away for some people
- Unfamiliar and busier than our usual location. It is a shopping complex.
- Carpark will probably be a lot busier than at our current location. 

Click this link to see the location on google maps:

The Mt Roskill Burgerfuel is located at 22 Stoddard Road  

So take a look, have a think and vote in the poll. 

Voting closes at 5pm on Friday the 7th of July. So get those votes in.

Cheers

20130422-BurgerFuelNZBFMtRoskillOpeningH

• Like 2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm (need that thinking emoji) ...

Not that I've been a regular for a long time or nothing, but I do think it's lame some old fag is kicking up a storm enough to justify a shift in location.

But either way I don't mind 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, xsspeed said:

Also nearby soon to be open tunnel doorts

Yeah mayte, this was actually the fourth point I made in the 'pros' section. but I know you're a company man and probably had to skim read for efficiency.
You should be the first RFB to limmy bash the tunnel.

13 hours ago, oldrx7 said:

Hmmm (need that thinking emoji) ...

Not that I've been a regular for a long time or nothing, but I do think it's lame some old fag is kicking up a storm enough to justify a shift in location.

But either way I don't mind 

It's not just the resident but also ongoing issues with the tenant who has the right of use for the upstairs carpark. Between that, a difficult landlord and the secluded nature of the upstairs carpark (meaning that it is very easy for the aforementioned to falsely accuse us of causing damage and leaving a mess as we are a rather conspicuous bunch) it seemed easier to try another location for this month. Just to see if it could be a better option going forward  (corporate buzzword quota of one reached!)

• Like 6

Voted Stoddard. It might be busier but at least the cars will be somewhat in view and not tucked out of sight behind the building.

I believe BNT also has a scrap metal bin full of old brake rotors and discarded bellhousings that could be awarded to the pesky resident of Ellerslie for his efforts at chasing us away.

• Like 2