Doullamas panelvans

doullama

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true, nice low cost option too. All Nz assembled goods vans (not sure about Utes) were only available in white. Passenger ones could be had in awesomely heinous bl shades. Need to wreck a good Morris minor and steal its brakes, Not to use but for revenge haha

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/25/2017 at 14:59, locost_bryan said:

Same diff as early MGB, so 3.9 ratio an option. But you have a 5-speed, so not as bad for highway running.

Wasn't too bad from memory with the 5 speed, comfortably went as fast as you'd want to go in a dubious marina anyway. I do have an auto estate diff which is apparently taller but probably less fun, and converting it to the vans 4x114mm hubs would doubtless be painful!

29 minutes ago, igor said:

What's dubious about driving a Marina fast? Grandpa's one went pretty hard back in the day.

Not so much marinas in general, just this one ;) the earlier cars and all the commercials didn't get the swaybars, and with the coby exhaust, various missing weatherstripping & grommets + tin box effect it got pretty damn loud in there at speed! Nothing my early 2000's warehouse car stereo (mp3 compatible!) and massive 70s house speakers that doubled as seats/joint rolling tables couldn't handle of course. Had a sedan with the ohc 1700 for a while, was pretty quick, much faster than comparable (i.e also old & unrestored/generally falling apart) cortinas & avengers. In fact the 1300cc van dragged off a sketchy matte black cortina once

9 minutes ago, Alfashark said:

Looks lush in purple! I'll come and have a perv one weekend when I'm not up to my neck in firewood.

Cheers! I was actually a bit gutted when I unmasked the thing as it looked rather pink under the shed lights, however its significantly better/purpler in daylight. The internal struggle between purple & 70s burnt orange was huge. Just done in matte nitroalkyd (molotow specifically) rattlecans, couldnt be arsed with the extra masking and cleanup with the gun. Have ordered the black violet in 2k to ensure I actually get it done eventually, preferably when the neighbours are out ;) for sure! hopefully i've found some seats by then for round the block stz. Was driving it around the yard sitting on a crate today haha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...