Nick's Yamaha SR250

TimShadboltfan27

parts arrived yesterday, so spent the morning chucking them on.

new tracker bars sit much lower, took way more effort than swapping handlebars ever should, powdercoat is super thick and none of the switch blocks or levers would slide on so spent a bit of time sanding and persuading them to fit. sadly snapped the right indicator switch that goes into the block, but was already held together with gaffa tape so it was expected.

new megaphone muffler fitted straight over the header, no shims needed. sounds so good!! a lot less sewing machine sounding now. has removable baffle also for max wannabe harley spec.

NKxQ5ZW.jpg?2

ZDslJuw.jpg?1

sadly the hanger doesnt fit so will have to make one up, but other than that pretty stoked at how easy this bike has been to modify so far. ebay seat is not gonna fit nicely without chopping the rear end off and starting again, which for a $80 seat i dont think will be worth it. there's a company that makes a custom seat that fits over the factory frame, only needing a few tabs and brackets grinded off. its expenny but looks so lush. pix

file.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

small update after an afternoon in the shed. small speedo fitted. will trim down the speedo mount to bring it closer to the bars. seems relatively accurate, if not a little slow ? its probs  just the bike...

ac7Sx7q.jpg?1

also hacked the front guard down . took it for a hoon through some puddles and it still serves its purpose. may have trimmed a bit too much off at the back, so might buy another one and try again. 

Y31qxxZ.jpg

indicators are on their way from aliexpress. the stock seat is so horrendously ugs i feel disappointed every time i look at it. will order a new one soon. waiting for some good weather to take this thing for a decent journey!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

indicators. good size difference from the big dinner plate spec factory articles!

1aljXN5.jpg?1                 hER5PmM.jpg?1

FrUAdeR.jpg?1

coming along nicely!! would like to move on to replacing the battery and gutting out under the seat. keen to get some recommendations on a good battery to run with. is there anywhere in nz to buy gravity batteries ? they look like the go.

warm regards

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

not a lot has happened with this thing. been procrastinating on getting new seat. replaced oil, filter and brake shoes. braking power has improved from nothing, to pretty much still nothing

but hey. its a hoot to ride

YaNun4R.jpg?1

for some reason i have lost all action on the right indicators. wiring is all correct as per wiring diagrams. lefts still operate fine and both flash. im a little stuck on where to keep searching. if anyone could help with some fault finding tips thatd be much appreciated. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

thanks to kicker, i have acquired another motor for this thing. i have noticed some serious oil loss on long rides, and the lifters have slowly been making more noise than the exhaust for a while now. so much for bulletproof...

3GlGlb1.png?1

found this thing on the tard for cheap (sans sweet casing artwork) which would be damn cheaper than rebuilding the head on the current one. stay chooned...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...