KKtrips

Palmy Swap Meat - August 4-6 2017

112 posts in this topic

dont think i'll bother bringing any of my cant-even-give-away wheel collection this time.

$1 kiss stand?

1 person likes this

Might be in

/what will $5 get me?

Five kisses

4 people like this

Or one kiss...

..down there. 

2 people like this

Sooooo - looks like the Red Craze room is out. They failed to get a building WOF on all those buildings. Have been offered a PitLane corporate box - have emailed back to find out what that means and if we can use it in the evening or only during the day.

1 person likes this

Oh man that seems like such a Barry mistake.

Pitlane evening box would be hilarious though

1 person likes this

So Pitlane can't happen for a couple of reasons
1: it's $500+ expensive
2: any food and beverage consumed in the corporate box has to be purchased via their caterers as they are under contract.

So anyone got any bright ideas?  We could try and wrangle the front bar at the Ding Hotel. It would mean we need to purchase booze from them, but they aren't tooooo badly priced.

If you reckon you would have spent $20 on buying a box and $20 on meatpack raffle entry anyway then $40 should get you most of the way getting tipsy - just means antics will be fairly limited, plus I think we can probably hit the upstairs room after the pub closes for continuing the festivities - will make it easier for cleanup too.

There is the leaky lounge up stairs at the 'ding a ling, again the indians would probably want the booze bought through them (most likely for legal reasons too?)  unless we could wave some cash under their noses to 'hire' it for the night.

Or Sparkles back yard.

1 person likes this

wonder what the cave creek threshold is for that leaky lounge, could be ideal

1 person likes this

at least at a pub we don't need to clean up!

Ding is an all good alternative. Theres other halls for hire in Feilding, but I'd say it'd add up to more than the red craze.

Caledonian society/pipe band hall down by g mans is pretty cheap, but theres heaps to clean up there if it gets messy.

Host it at gmans garage? He'd prolly be down. Lol @BLIZZO @Dolan @Threeonthetree @HighLUX

1 person likes this

Beers in the Gman workshop would be a wombling great time with the bonus of Hyperthermia if it snows like last year

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, k-trips said:

They failed to get a building WOF on all those buildings.

No WOF no worries?

Cash payment - they didn't rent it to us - etc?

/get Rog to bring one up for it and stick it on the window.

5 people like this

I'll talk to the 'ding and see if they'll rent us upstairs for BYO and if not then if they'll do us happy hour prices from the front bar till midnight or something.

1 person likes this

See if you can get the 747 picture chucked into the deal too.

8 people like this

I'm so looking forward to this. Will be my mid-winter event as Hanmer won't be a thing this year.

1 person likes this

Back in the land of NZ and bloody gutted to hear about the red room being no wof spec. I take it they are not doing any work to bring it up to standard? 

Was a great spot because huge and fairly isolated. Swapmeat always gets loooose. It's so good. 

So what are our other options in the area? A few halls out there? 

Nah, doesn't look like they are going to fix it up because they never hire them out to anyone but us. Another end of an era.

However I asked if we can use the room at the top of the stairs at the Ding Hotel on Saturday night and I think they are all good about it. Being there means we can't quite get as loooooose and ruckus as previous times but the last couple of years has been a "get fucked up without fucking shit up" buzz anyway, no reason we can't lie on the ground and play air guitar to multiple Pink Floyd/RATM solos.

I say "think they are all good about it" because when I rung they just said casually "oh yeah that's fine" kind of like when Lee asked if he could take the picture of the 747...

Worst turns to worst, we can always drink in the 'ding pub and do karaoke/play pokies.

4 people like this

Just jam every one into that bottom ding hotel room that also has the door to outside.  Hopefully we don't have that room after suggesting that lol.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, k-trips said:

I say "think they are all good about it" because when I rung they just said casually "oh yeah that's fine" kind of like when Lee asked if he could take the picture of the 747..

Yea, this is what would probably happen hah. So sounds like they might not quite know what we are after? Were they ok with BYO?

I think it would be better to do it in a hall, somewhere off site. Unkeen for them to be unimpressed from a big Friday night and then say 'oh no, so sorry, you cant get OTP here again'. 

Any yea, we might not be a ruckus as we once were but I don't want the venue to limit the ruckesness if it does go that way. They would prob want to shut it down at midnight? We could be buggered if there are other people staying there too cos it's right by the rooms.

Sparkle/Cam/Richy/bliz suggested a few alternative halls.

Feilding Scout Hall

http://www.feilding.co.nz/address/venues--halls-for-hire/feilding-scout-and-guide-hall.html

Pros: In town

Cons: Residential area

Caledonian Hall

http://www.feilding.co.nz/address/venues--halls-for-hire/caledonian-society-hall.html

Pros: in town

Cons: residential area, although, possibly More relaxed. Could be a cunt to clean up

Awahuri Hall:

http://www.feilding.co.nz/address/venues--halls-for-hire/awahuri-hall.html

Pros: 5min out of town, middle of no where to can make all the noise we want

Cons: 5 min outta town so shuttles required, mission out for cleanup in the morning 

thoughts? 

Awahuri would probably be best if you want to get ruckus because less chance of pissing people off.

I don't have time to ring round, anyone feel like getting in touch and sorting out info for everyone? Will also need to sort out some details for shuttle vans etc.

1 person likes this