• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vintage Grumble said:

That is super sexy. Is the exhaust new?

Yea man the exhaust is from Abey in Malaysia, it’s got a pretty small ID on the header (19mm) don’t think I would want it on anything bigger than a 110 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have been doing a bit here in there on the ST90 since finishing the CB50 for DGR last weekend. the wiring i did was rushed and hori as shit, and also took up all the room in the frame which ideally i wanted for storage (of like 1 can of beer lel). i also like the look of the stock aircleaner but cant use it as its way to small for this 150cc engine / carb doesnt line up with it or anything. so i gutted it out and turned it into a good space for everything electrical. this is ideal as if anything goes wrong in the electrical department its only 2 screws to open it and i can swap anything out.

RErPgMU.jpg

i now have this space in the frame where i will likely make a little plastic container and hold tools / spares / maybe another little fuel bottle

T4wvczj.jpg

also wanted to hold my phone for gps / filming purposes / wank factor and got this aliexpress ram mount rip off. very good quality actually, except the rubber balls arent as rubbery as my genuine ram mount. now i can pretend to me a 1200GS

sxmAirW.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

so they wee ST went bloody grouse on the east cape ride, i was surprised at how capable it was at full nang on gravel.

n0zvPan.jpg

used a bit of oil, started leaking a bit of oil out of the base gasket, found a few false neutrals and had the dogs slip in 3rd a couple of times, probs time for an oil change. didnt have any major dramas until about 15km from the finish all the spokes on one side of the rear wheel let go, making for an interesting dismount

yWyQihx.mp4

unsure what to do from here in, the tyre choice for 14" wheels is shit, what i have is really the only dual sport type tyre avail in NZ, and after 700kms its completley fucked anyway, and really i want something wider on the rear, heaps of full knobblies available but not what i want for this bike. i was kinda keen to sell it, but its actually really lush to ride, so im thinking maybe strip the wheels, powdercoat the rims black, new chrome spokes and run 14" wider road / scoot tyres for a supermoto type look, thoughts??????

think ill pull the engine back out now and slam it in the trombone for summer anyway, and do the wheels on the ST when i have the fucks to give, and probably pull the lifan 150 apart and fix the selector forks / dogs and wang than back in it. kinda over spannering too much at the moment.

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

I feel you man! My hoard keeps magically expanding... I picked up a SJ50QT (like Smoky Sue) and that FS50/Lets contraption from Ned... There's 3 bikes in the shed already and those two are under the house... Plus two more FS50's, a partial drome bike and a bunch of puch scooters in the lockup. 

Summer 2019 is about getting projects out the door and sold (maybe). 

Who did your seat on the CB? 

• Like 3