Blizzo's scoot hoard and projects of win

BLIZZO

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have any pit bike parts lying around? im after a 14" disc brake front end that isnt fucked. facebook market place is letting me down, dumb people that think a chinese pitbike with a blow engine is worth $700 mayyyte ya dreaming

• Like 1

well i meant to get a heap of ST90 stuff done this weekend but that just didnt happen. a deal popped up on friday and i wasnt going to grab them but no one else was keen and i knew i could make one mint bike out of two to sell for profitz and make a good runner but just a bit rough around the edges from the other one 

BUjuWR1.jpg

5arv2MN.jpg

so spent all afternoon Saturday and most of the day Monday swapping bits over like bars and switch gear, wire wheeling all the chrome, buffing and polishing everything!

yVKU8DU.jpg

came up pretty bloody good! still a few little things to do like glue the edges of the seat down, put the red side cover on, there was an oil leak from a shagged clutch cover gasket so i pulled that all off and cleaned everything (the oil filter screen was jammed with gunk) and will get a new gasket this week. bike has had the rings done 100km go and is a great runner, kinda cheesing it really but i don't need a second CT.

back onto the ST at nights this week, hopefully get the frame pretty much rolling

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2018 at 15:21, Shakotom said:

If your getting rid of any of the handle bar upper covers, indicators, throttle asm or front guard giz 

please of course

yea rodgee ill be ditching all that gay stock shit.

also anyone know of any 1.85" 17" 36 hole rims? can on the rear of all small capacity CBs, some XRs etc, i want for this but dont want to pay shipping for a new one from thailand. pleeeease and thankyous

• Like 1

Aaaaaaand because I seem to like filling my shed with bikes at the moment why not add another to the list. The Pine is strong for this one though, 1985 Honda CB50. After DGR last year and getting a soft on over the welly boys choice small Honda scrambler builds I have been looking for a CB/CG for the right price for a while, moped reg makes this one a mega win. Don’t know what plans are for it yet, def keep patina tank, will hoon it as is for a while and then figure out what I wanna do 

519558CF-28B0-4049-B6CE-3DB84BC07AF6.png

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MKD said:

get one of those skyteam dream tank/seat kits - instant cafe excellence.

I mega Pine the patina Honda tank eh, nice brat style seat in black behind it should look choice. Would rather avoid making it look like a skyteam dream copy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BLIZZO said:

I mega Pine the patina Honda tank eh, nice brat style seat in black behind it should look choice. Would rather avoid making it look like a skyteam dream copy 

fair enough - i hear lanolin is good on patina. darkens it but stops it going further. plus you can then imagine youre riding a sheep

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i have had pretty good patina success on both the rusty trombone and the st90 by giving it all a nice light wet sand with 1000grit, then a hard cut and a polish then a rub down with teflon type marine wax. the c50  is gunna be extreme patina tho, speaking of -

7VJ2gU3.jpg

gave this the the chop chop, for being mega surface rusty this thing is pretty solid and has no holes. Looking at brendon from QCRs c90 as inspiration i want to do similar with a bit of a twist. going to keep narrow 2.25" front tyre on the skinny 1.2 c50 rim and have whacked a c90 1.40 rim on the rear and will eventually run a 2.75 or 3.00 china tyre similar in style to the front. a old style bridgestone or whatever they are would look sick but probs pretty spendy. will jam some of the flat ribbed for extra please side covers from craze bali on as well. will give this thing a good wet sand when i get a spare hour or so and see what it comes up like, grey should come through a bit better

in other scoot news i have waggys rv50 here getting the shit engine mounting re done and a brand new lifan 110, have got new location all mocked up, hopefully finish it at nights this week

TOUI9KS.jpg

ST90 is just waiting on new shocks from murica and a couple of spokes to be made for the rear wheel then will look more complete, i brought a massive tank liner kit as i have 4 average bike fuel tanks i need to clean, etch and line

WKfyUl4.jpg

and last of all i havnt even collected the CB50 yet but today i aquired a 1976 xl175 that was complete and a good runner but a VMX mate stripped part of it for some stuff he needed and was getting rid of the rest very cheap. will probs give the engine a wee freshen and jam it in the CB. dont know much about these engines, dont even know if it will fit, pretty sure they are CDI, im guessing will be shitty 6 volt which is gay, maybe some kind of 12 stator will fit? these things i do not know but im sure i will find out.

IbDWEUV.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So my upgraded shocks from dratv turned up today so I did a little work on the st tonight. Rear brake Cam is siezed so I need to pull that apart. Other that brakes it’s just fuel tank, wiring and zorst until this thing is finished now. Oh and footpegs which are on their way. 

hcxo1VZ.jpg

a bit unsure how to mount zorst. It’s gunna be custom made of stainless, needs to finish before the shock ideally. Probably end up drilling a hole in the frame and mounting somewhere like this or slightly lower than this 

6WK32H9.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...