Beams Factory ECU as Standalone

olds-cool-autos

has anyone pulled this off?

trying to get a 3sge beams ecu to work as standalone. but its being a dork..

now ive herd need full loom. ive herd need speedo. have herd need fbw accel pedal..

but has anyone got actual success from any or all of the above?

i can get this thing to run. but only at 1/2-full throttle. once the throttle has passed its fly by wire which controls 0-1/2 throttle.

its for my own toy and dont really wanna go linkg4 as that would prob cost more than the entire build so far...

open to any advise. but really need to find that one G.C. who has pulled it off.

Yes you can get it working but you need to keep the e-throttle working. 

You also need to keep the factory MAF housing or it will likely run like an absolute bucket of shit. 

Get the e-throttle working and then use an OBD2 scanner to see what other error codes you are addressing and fix them one by one. 

Then after a lot of effort to have a car that doesnt run right you will probably give up or buy an ECU.

You dont need a drive by wire throttle pedal as it has a TPS and APS on both sides of the factory throttle body. You just need a cable pulling on it then it sorts out the rest.

• Like 3

On 5/26/2017 at 10:23, olds-cool-autos said:

has anyone pulled this off?

trying to get a 3sge beams ecu to work as standalone. but its being a dork..

now ive herd need full loom. ive herd need speedo. have herd need fbw accel pedal..

but has anyone got actual success from any or all of the above?

i can get this thing to run. but only at 1/2-full throttle. once the throttle has passed its fly by wire which controls 0-1/2 throttle.

its for my own toy and dont really wanna go linkg4 as that would prob cost more than the entire build so far...

open to any advise. but really need to find that one G.C. who has pulled it off.

Should be able to get it running on the one ecu (don't need body or abs ecus), you don't need speedo.

As Roman said ethrottle and MAF are super important, ethrottle is in throttle body so no pedal needed. 

The ecu controls the throttle from 0 to 100% however it allows manual pull on the cable from 0 to 25% for limp home mode. The ecu does the idle via the ethrottle. So manual control first, then ecu taking over not the other way around.

The other thing to check is fuel pressure as they don't like too low. Can't remember the exact number off the top of my head but over 50psi.

As Roman said try an OBD2 scanner. There's a guide on in a few places for setting up Torque on Android to connect (not automatic)

If you need any wiring diagrams, or pics of components feel free to pm me.

I've seen this done before on a friend's car. We started with a complete Altezza loom (including most of the body loom) and got it running with a pile of extra loom in the passengers foot well and the clutch switch taped down. The next stage was a long process of cutting wires, testing to see how it ran and then removing un needed sections of loom. 

Not the fastest way to do it, but meant it didn't require a rocket surgeon to get it going. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Interested to see more on this. Will be trying to do this for my A30 Austin. Will be picking up my new Altezza which should be complete and running on 27th. Plan is to leave it in the altezza slowly stripping everything I don’t need until I can pull the lot drop in the Austin and drive away leaving massive rooster tails.