chrisr's g20 van

chris r

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I popped back to compliance and he was happy with the brakes etc. Proof of cc rating was easy, I told him it's a 305 or 5litre and he wrote it down. 

I have until the 10th  to get a engineer to look at /quarantine the van so I don't have to pay for another inspection. Fingers crossed I can find one by then 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The van is in primer and should be ready to collect tomorrow. Compliance centre can't do anything with it until Monday but I'll see if I can drop it off tomorrow and leave it with them. Haven't got the bill yet but I'm expecting it to be a few cars worth 

I've ordered some cream paint so wheels will come off and tyres will be getting flipped shortly 

• Like 2

after looking at cars to buy in USA, there is no way I would buy a repaired or body modified car from the states. We looked at some hydro'd cars, holy shit that stuff was crazy. One guy told us he thought the car would break apart above 100kph as he was trying to sell us the car in 'good condition, just needs a little TLC'

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, peteretep said:

after looking at cars to buy in USA, there is no way I would buy a repaired or body modified car from the states. We looked at some hydro'd cars, holy shit that stuff was crazy. One guy told us he thought the car would break apart above 100kph as he was trying to sell us the car in 'good condition, just needs a little TLC'

I didn't realise this had been repaired before. I only noticed the repro guard after it had landed. The guy who checked it out made no mention of it being repaired/damaged

So the engineer still needs to have a look at the van and it needs a alignment before he signs it off. I thought being ready to collect from the panel beater meant he had signed it off.

Its now at home and as we are short staffed at work its going to be very difficult to get enough time off to get it aligned/inspected/dropped off and picked up from compliance in the next week. I'm a quite frustrated with the whole process and the delays now. I was hoping to have it ready for wagnats but that is not going to happen, I don't trust the thing to make it down if it is ready in time

Oh well shit happens

• Like 1