chrisr's g20 van

chris r

On 6/30/2017 at 22:02, CarolsHusband said:

Dunno if anyone answered you about realigning your diff.....

There's a bolt right through the centre of the spring to hold the leaves together. The head of that bolt locates into a hole on the axle bracket.

You can just see it under the clamping plate in your broken leaf picture

Hey-presto, diff aligned.

*edit* Top Of The Tips

I figured that out once I had the leaf off :) I'm used to working on coil sprung stuff

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took it for a pest drive down to the shops, The foam in the seat swab has collapsed on one side so i'll have to figure something out to level it out. Its nice and quiet to drive, all you hear is a bit of transmission whine, It has 11ty layers of carpet and underlay which will help

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap shaft mount radio? I had a quick look on aliexpress/ebay and didn't have much luck. I really DON'T want to chop the dash and put a din sized hole in it. I'll use the stock one for now but id'd be nice to have aux/bluetooth

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That sucks about having to remove all the timber lining for inspection.   At least they could have told you when you dropped it off.

Also re the radio, have you looked into the aux in, USB, Bluetooth kits?   Think they are a unit that hooks up to older head units via the aerial plug or something like that.

they tend to remove a normal cars door linings and stuff to have a good gork, dont they? 

Maybe they only have plastic panel popper tools to suit Tiidas now, and no proper USA screwdrivers...

Good excuse to cavity wax (and have a look yourself) while its off?

They were busy when I dropped it off so didn't look at it. Oh well I'll be busy as tomorrow. I wonder how they do campers then? Do they have to strip the whole thing? 

I was aware about door cards but didn't even think about the paneling! That much is easy to take out, the polystyrene not so much 

• 2 weeks later...