Chrisr's G van

chris r

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All quality speaker Installations start with horrible holes in door cards. You can make them even better with a angle grinder. Yes the window winder is close but the holes were already there. 

IMG_20171029_181232325IMG_20171029_172406604

I went to open the passenger door and it wouldn't unlock. I thought it'd need more engouragememt then this happened. I managed to get it unlocked and it can stay that way until I get a new latch. The speaker is mounted on the passenger side but I ran out of fucks and didn't get any pictures 

IMG_20171029_173421110IMG_20171029_173416319

• Like 2

I dropped it off to the mechanic this morning to get the ball joint boots sorted. If I want to get it complied this year I need to give stuff done ASAP. Realistically I have 2 weeks. If it fails compliance I don't want to be the annoying person who needs shit fixed just before Christmas. It has started surging a tad so should fit the pump and fuel filter it came with. Or put some fuel in 

IMG_20171102_064814387

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a annoying design of high beam switch. Bloody fiddly thingm I tested the switch and that now works. All the trim is ready installed. I'll drop it off to compliance Tuesday and we'll see what it needs. Fingers crossed it's nothing bit who knows. 

IMG_20171117_192351578IMG_20171117_202256676

• Like 3

I had a look at the windscreen washers. The hides has broken off the connectors at the wiper base, and the pump was buggered. Luckily the hoses fit into the normal size stuff so I've run some new stuff. I've got a universal bottle/pump assembly which I'll chuck In for now to get it going. I've ordered a new pump from rock along with a new drive belt, fingers crossed it's the correct length. 

IMG_20171119_140553712IMG_20171119_145758077IMG_20171119_145758077IMG_20171119_145758077

I noticed the battery tray had some surface rust so out it came. Gave it a wire weel and a coat of hammerite. It say on the tin direct to rust, that's all the barry in me wanted to see. 

IMG_20171119_132942934IMG_20171119_134744186

And back in. I just need to extend the washer pump wires and it's good to go

IMG_20171119_200635581

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The compliance people say they don't want to do the inspection due to having to strip all the timber off the inside. Is it a option to go somewhere else who won't have to strip it? Failing that I'm. Collecting it tomorrow and stripping it 

IMG_20171029_154554074

Waapwaah. Failed on brakes. That's easy Pads rotors and hoses. 

They want a engineer to have a look at the d repair on the left front guard. It looks nicely done but its a pain in the balls at this time of year to find a engineer who is available to look at it 

• Like 3

The engineer will be having a look at the van today sometime so hopefully that's all good and I'll drop it off to get the brakes & mounts sorted. 

This wasn't intended for corners at all, I had to do a 3 point turn in here to get it turned around 

IMG_20171210_155453017

• Like 4

Everyone is busy on the panel side of things so it's getting brakes and mounts sorted this week. Awfe had everything except the r/h hose ex stock. Bunce have a hose but it's nearly twice the price. Lesson learned, get all the brake hoses etc from rock before you take it in for compliance 

Fuuu I had the parts sent to the wrong address and they can't be found. I have re ordered them and will see if I can find them. 

Double fuuuuu. I paid for and re ordered the stuff but they now don't have a rear hose. Fucks sake. Bunce want twice the price for and I don't want to pay that. I'll go door knocking tonight  and see if I can find the parcel with everything in it. 

Lesson learned. Be more organised and get brake hoses etc from rock auto before you drop it off to compliance 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...