Anyone got experience with 4wd SR20 drivelines?

RUNAMUCK

A auto P11 4wd with Sr20de is not a bad set of running gear.  The autos are similar to fwd, with a transfer case added and pretty reliable.  The rear diffs are fine, and nothing generally wrong with the transfer case.  Manuals can have issues with 3rd gear if driven hard, but mostly just due to age rather than a total piss poor design.

Whats the noises? Could be a CV or driveshaft related? 

It started off sounding like a floppy UJ, or loose pinion yolk/flange. (Or maybe loose flex plate to torque converter bolts? Had kind of a rattle/knock that would fall silent if I lifted off/slapped the auto into N while moving. But the the noise got louder.  To the point that there was a gonk  gonk able to be felt through the car even at creep speed. At this point I figured it was time to switch to a back up vehicle. As repairs are often cheaper before things actually break.

cunt thing iso being four wheel drive I've got to get the whole thing off its wheels to be able to crawl under it while running. Cos the rear or front will keep pushing. A hoist would be very handy.