Johnnyboys 1986 Subaru Vortex XT 4WD Turbo - Discussion

Johnnyboynz

Pic here:  

Parts I'm looking for:

Interested in pretty much any spares I can get that are specific to the pre 87 Vortex. Let me know what ya have?
It's always handy to have a few indicators etc lying around for when some prick backs into your car.

I think there's something in the nz new thing with these subarus.

I had two square shape nz new Leone wagons. One did 350k, and the turbo one did 320k. They were actually pretty well thought out cars. 

That said I doubt I'll ever own another.

Yea, certainly not the fastest, only 110 odd hp standard, but this one isn't about speed for me, it does the speed limit just fine and I'm not 12 anymore after all. I find there is more to life, like cruising with the 1980 tunes on the updated ICE, in a perfectly quiet, rattle free car with an air cushion ride. Suits me down to the ground. I should buy myself a leather bomber jacket and raybans just to drive it.
I'm not re-powering it unless something goes totally wrong with the engine and i can't replace the heads or something, I've had my re-power fun with my Brumby which has gone from ea81, ea82, ea82T, ej22, ej25 then EJ20t and so on, Plus 3" suspension lift, Adjustable Suspension, Disk brakes upgraded, Link G4 ECU, Electronic throttle, Diff locks, fiddler brakes etc If it can be done to a old subbie, I've probably done to be honest. Times and attitudes change though.

It's certainly push button AWD as Dell'orto said. Wee red button on the joystick control. They did make a 2wd only model in non turbo.

• Like 2