Johnnyfive's Land Rover

johnnyfive

Looks schmick. Youll need to set up a Hilux vs landy trials course.

Old man used to have the Bandag Retreads test trailer behind his truck

Case brand letter removal is the count of retreads. Truck casings dont really wear out (apparrently).

• Like 2

Lols, no to a mooing Land-Rover, this needs to be as mechanical as possible. 

If I could replace the fuel shut off solenoid with a lever, I would. 

I'm kinda keen to eventually equip this with something to drive off the PTO, hydraulic pump? Tipper deck? Wood splitter?

Shit yes! 

Those spouts are stock usually. At least on the ones with fuel tank where yours is anyway. Mine is rear tank and doesn't have one/it's been lost. Fuel bowers seem to like it better if you take them out anyway.

Pics of dash? If it has vinyl dash with gauges by steering wheel it's a three. Tin dash with centre gauges is 2a. Defo have a three front on there tho

• Like 2

Cheers fellas.

It has the gauges by the steering wheel with a little bit of plastic trim etc so matches up with a 3.

I'm wondering if they just kept using 2A plates on early 3's, it has what I think (according to parts listings) are 2A window locks. But I guess its possible the door tops have been replaced already. Could just be weird NZ assembled weirdness. 

Getting rid of a shell tomorrow so will have a bit more space to breath and think about what jobs to tackle first. 

Getting pretty far ahead of myself but I'm amazed and getting pretty excited by the variety of neat looking tyres for old 4x4 vehicles. 

Current pic of the bunch when the time comes will be Deestone D503 in 7.5-16 I think. Posting this here so I remember. Hopefully I get to this point.

d503_deestone-_light-_truck_bias_tractio

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my 110 it had an isuzu c230 engine fitted, cleared everything, could be an option if you are wanting another diesel. Also have seen 200tdi engines fitted, they pretty much bolt up, people run them without the turbo as well

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see nothing wrong with a fuel tank made by  mounting a whole heap of Coca cola bottles, all interconnected by bits of green garden hose and Hanson fittings onto a roof rack made out of rusty old waratahs and Kanuka branches tied together with baling twine.  All stuff a farmer type fella like yourself should have already :-)

No need for a pump and you can instantly tell how much diesel you have just by looking at the roof before you embark. You'll be the envy of many a farmer barry.

Just an idea..

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

badass rimz! been keeping an eye out for cheap as chips ones of those but haven't seen any down these ways! 

you'll love those more than crossplie deestones i reckon. i took mine off and am running a similar tread pattern to those cruiser oem tyres now coz the noise from the deestones was unreal

• Like 1

• 5 months later...