MItsi galant power steering box

tortron

The steering box in my L200 has a dribble out the bottom so il need to repair or replace. The cert plate states 'Mitsi Galant Box' under steering.

It must be pre 91 because thats when it was certed.

when i google it it seems to only come back with rack and pinion 

are there mitsubishi part/casting numbers i can go off on the unit to confirm its identity? also 

Don't know. As far as I know the Starion/Sigma/L200/Pajero are the same.

If there are numbers I can compare with mine, have everything but a Sigma here at moment. Seem to recall trying to replace that seal without removing the box but dramas unfolded of which I can't recall resulting in a swap.  

Yea this ones going to be a pain because there is gnats pube clearance between it and the exhaust manifold. Possibly they just banged something in to clear it and wrote down whatever, it's registered as a Galant ute

Will tackle it this weekend and post some pics

ah, my first message cut off. I was going to say

also- if anyone has the measurements of the seals i can just go from that to confirm, id say if it is a mitsubishi one from that time then most of them were the same right

Bare in mind the Japanese import RWD Sigmas were badged as Galant. My '81 coupe was a Galant GT with no power steering but if it were a Galant GSR (like Pooman's) it would have power steering like my Eterna GSR (which itself is just a tarted up Galant).

• Like 1