Greenies 88 GN

Greenie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Kimjon said:

Hey, have you seen this? Similar - but different...but pretty dam cool!

Cheers dude looks sick. I think im going to have to work on my craftmanship to get to his level. Clever how he made the side covers, i was thinking of trying a similar thing with plastic so they dont stand out so much like the current ones. 

Cheers for that bro :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So not alot has happened as my girlfriend and i are in the process of moving down to Napier. But my new drag bars and grips arrived the other week and they look mint so happy with that. 

Once settled in, I plan on sorting out some new side covers, a cover for under the seat and paint - currently stuck on a dark shade of green so if i dont change my mind before i do it, thats what itll be the colour. 

On a side note, i hooked up a battery and turned it over and sounds very promising, didnt start but i think with a new spark plug and fresh fuel ill be away! 

Pic for more motivation :P

20170801_193945-747x1328.jpg

• 11 months later...

Shiiiiit it's been too long since I've posted anything but with out going into reasons as to why the most important thing to know is its 98% ready to go for a wof,  not finished but ready for wof.. 

It runs and rides! Breaks bleed, oil changed and everything now works except the indicators, the old plastic ones had perished so while I wait for the new ones to turn up I've only got little tidy up shit to do.  Then its go time!

Would go into what was done since I last posted but all I have to say is letting things sit for long periods of time is never good for it... 

Cheers fellas 

20180707_175752_crop_604x756.jpg

20180708_145118-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Pee Dubs said:

Sweet GN, certainly a big improvement on stock.

Big improvement in the garage department too!

Haha cheers,  living with the inlaws now who are big into motorbikes and were nice enough to  let me bring mine along and store it in their garage :)

• Like 1

Been trying to chip away at things while waiting for my indicators, have two but still need two more then I'll get into that.  

Fucked around and painted my sidecovers black, looks alright but cant decide if I like it yet. Also started hunting for dents in my gas tank so I can move onto painting it. 

Also my new gas cap turned up this week, not too exciting but I lost the key to my old one after years of not needing it and when it came time to put fresh gas in the ignition key didnt fit and so I resorted to jamming a screwdriver in the lock and breaking it open. So yeah a new one was in order. 

20180728_135932-1209x1612.jpg

20180728_135939-1209x1612.jpg

20180728_135950-1209x1612.jpg

• Like 2

Managed to get some colour down this weekend, pretty stoked with it. it's pretty much the  exact colour I had in mind but the photos dont really do it justice. Had just enough paint to do the side covers too so should look mint once its dry and back on the bike :)

Edit:   also ordered an exhaust so hopefully that will be here during the week so I can mock that up. 

20180804_154705-1612x1209.jpg

20180805_125022-1209x1612.jpg

20180805_125001-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 5

Repainted the other side cover today ( no orange peel this time "woo" )

Muffler turned up this week so rewrapped the exhaust and fitted it,  had to shoot out to repco and buy and overpriced exhaust clamp to get it done. Finished it and i am stoked, going to fire it up tomorrow and see how it sounds, amped! 

Will hopefully do some "fine tuning" and take it for a blat aswell. 

(Still waiting for indicators, funny how exhaust turned up first even tho it was ordered more than a week after) 

20180811_203023-1612x1209.jpg

20180811_203034-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 2

Madden voyage went well, sorted out the ideal and now revs out in all gears  wish I could take it for a longer ride than just around the block but with no reg, no wof, no indicators and no motorbike license I'm not keen on taking it on main roads just yet.. will sort the above as soon as possible so I can take it for a real ride! Sounds beautiful too! 

• Like 4

Indicators finally arrived last week so fucked around with the mess under the seat and got them all working. Also brought some lame ass reflectors so as far as I'm aware I should be ready for a wof! 

Also went through my old phone and found a photo of the bike when I first go it, and am pretty happy with what I've done :)

Hopefully sort warrant and license by next weekend and I'll be hitting the road. 

20180819_145907_001-1209x1612.jpg

Before 

IMAG0257-1689x947.jpg

After

20180811_203023-1612x1209.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

License arrived in the mail today, so that's sorted, holding off on wof until I can afford rego. Found out back in the day I didnt put reg on hold until it was almost a yr out of date so have to back pay a yrs worth as well as put some on when I get around to do it. So I'm trying to resist getting a wof until funds allow me to pay for reg. 

In any case yesterday I did as was suggested aaages ago and painted the tank mount and seat mount the same colour in order to "blend it in"... looks decent.  Now we wait... (might go for some sneaky rides just to calm my itch for it) 

20180827_165719-1209x1612.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Right so literally nothing has happened in terms of working on this and it still doesnt have a wof or reg,  but seeing as my daily's wof and reg both ran out the other day I thought I my as well start riding the bike coz if it's the same fine I may as well be having fun on the bike if (when) I get caught... so for now I'm gonna risk it. 

And seeing as I can see my house from work I'm not hella concerned about getting caught so will enjoy it while it lasts :)

20181024_095129-1209x1612.jpg

• Like 2