Mirage-Man's - 1998 Hyundai Stellar - Discussion

MIRAGE-MAN

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2024 at 09:24, RUNAMUCK said:

GREAT SUCCESS!

Id rather be set on fire that own one of these. But theres something oddly satifying about this thread. You must be pretty stoked with the outcome!

You might say its a Stella effort!

Don't know what to make of your first few words. She is a bit of a dog, if ya haven't driven it in ages, like she's being at the moment.

But thanks, there's not many around like me keeping this stuff on the road. It's cone out clean as now. These all rusted out. But mines got none, apart from a few very small spots it had pre-repaint. Must have been the South Island weather or something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28/01/2024 at 01:33, RXFORD said:

Paint looks great, keen to see it slammed on some roh Zs. 

I was thinking Cheviot Turbos, but don't think they would look right. I'm thinking some Modgies with Bridgestone Eagers? Want to get them sized up one day.

• 1 month later...

I have been looking for this car and found it in this post. Brings back childhood memories. We had one growing up a red just like this. I live around the same area. Hope to see your car around. A picture with the car to show my 82 yr old mother would bring back memories! Keep up the good work. The new paint job looks good :-)

• Like 1

Hi all.. I have a 1989 Hyundai Stellar . 1.4 , 4 speed manual Transmission,  car is in very good overall condition as per the other stellar s in the country , i would like to fit an automatic transmission to my car , in that case , can only a auto gearbox be fitted ? Or should the engine & gearbox  both has to replaced ? If so how can i find a donor unit ? 

My name is Ramesh, and i am from SriLanka.  Thank you .!