Mr and Mrs Sheepers put themselves into debt for the rest of their lives.

sheepers

20 hours ago, sheepers said:

there's no fall,  or at least not very much but yea why? That's the whole idea of using a concrete tile with holes in it. 

You definitely want a little bit of fall.. Even if it's only 50mm from the house out. 

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/08/2020 at 16:02, sheepers said:

i still dont see why?

90% of the area is under a roof and the bit that isnt is permeable, just like if it was grass. which it was before and it never flooded. 

Fall has just been drummed into my head over the last 10 years. Its just easier to put fall in when your loading out anyway than not. That way, if it somehow it does manage to get water in there at least you had fall. Ap can be quite water resistant so once you fill the pavers with dirt which can also pool you might find it takes a while for any water to drain through. As you say, its mostly covered, but sometimes it's just better to do that to your ass as well. 

• Like 2

mind your pedestrian gate out to garage - it may sag over time, sorry to point out but the diagonal is technically going the wrong way, ideal is tranferring load in compression back to the hinge side. It may be stiff enough as the leaf isnt too wide.  Its just sticking out at me though

10 hours ago, xsspeed said:

mind your pedestrian gate out to garage - it may sag over time, sorry to point out but the diagonal is technically going the wrong way, ideal is tranferring load in compression back to the hinge side. It may be stiff enough as the leaf isnt too wide.  Its just sticking out at me though

yea, your right it might sag.

it is held together with 100mm long 12 gauge screws at every joint so it might be ok, hasn't moved yet.

i guess time will tell.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...