Mr and Mrs Sheepers put themselves into debt for the rest of their lives.

sheepers

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ideally you'd have 100mm of ap20/40 with a 20mm skim of crusher dust over that to lay the tiles in.. If you don't care about future  subsidence where your tyres run, then go for it.. 

I'd also be wary about laying those directly over drainage.. 

im not going to lay them directly on top of the pipes, i have to figure some way of bridging it or something. just after the exposed bits the pipes go straight down about 300 so the rest of it isnt an issue, just the little bit you can see.

Could run some 200x50 from the gate concrete foundation, to the house. Then pay a student to come in and dig out the ground level to suit, backfill with at least some base course and then pave it up. Job I was at this week had pavers all out of level, so i'd want to do what I could to avoid that. Dug up dirt can be filled in either side of the new parking area to bring the level up a bit. Just thoughts. That carport looks well built for sure, dressed timber FTW.

Can you not reroute that bit of pipe so it drops earlier? Looks like you have loads of room for some ap.. Like most house shit, if you do a quick job initially and it fucks out you'll kick yourself and wonder why you didn't just do that extra bit at the beginning.. Least that's what I do anyway. 

the pipes you can see have 3 other pipes and the power feed for the gate underneath them. they aint moving. also thats the height they need to be to get the proper fall to the stupid retention tank. so yea they aint moving. 

one day i will probably concrete the whole bit but cant afford that right now. 

there is actually a student who lives down the road who owes me a favor or two because i fixed his starlet for him. maybe he can do some digging for me. 

• Like 2

Have you got a fall away from house from where you've stood to take pic? I know you're not doing concrete but that niche would be an annoying area to have water pooling in a big storm if you have cars in the way

Also why gobi blocks and not a slab? Will grass even grow?

• Like 1

Poorly explained sorry, I mean in the areas not covered by roof, does it fall away from the carport or direct water in? Overland flow

It will drain yeah, but not as good as normal lawn right, so you could get standing water if it's a spot that will collect water. From memory your site is pretty flat and falls down to the footpath so you might be sweet