chris r

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nominal said:

Can't run spacers legally without cert.

Probably won't bother with spacers either tbh. 

My priority is to get it to wof standard first anyway. I figured if I can get a set of wheels with ok tyres it's a step in the right direction 

• Like 1

This morning I got a text from Joe and it has been picked up! I'm fizzing now. I found my exhaust gasket material so I can hopefully fix the leak, I've ordered a flexible too as it doesn't have one. I'll have a good look over it and make a wish list.

But first I'll do the diff & drive shaft bolts and annoy the neighbours with tang noises down the road 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

from what i can see in that video it looked a bit like the normal thing you'd see as the car warms up and there are still air bubbles in the system.

jack the front up as high as you can and stick a funnel or something that you can make seal in the filler neck into the radiator.  chuck your doohickey half full of water and let it run for a while. it might be air bubbles trapped in to somewhere, well thats what it looks like anyway. 

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

from what i can see in that video it looked a bit like the normal thing you'd see as the car warms up and there are still air bubbles in the system.

jack the front up as high as you can and stick a funnel or something that you can make seal in the filler neck into the radiator.  chuck your doohickey half full of water and let it run for a while. it might be air bubbles trapped in to somewhere, well thats what it looks like anyway. 

thats what I initially thought but they were there even after it warmed up. 

itll take a good 20 minutes if it is trapped air, some cars take weeks of hot/cold with a fully functioning recovery style overflow system to get all the air out. some wont self bleed at all.

fuck knows if its a common problem with dorito motors 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheepers said:

itll take a good 20 minutes if it is trapped air, some cars take weeks of hot/cold with a fully functioning recovery style overflow system to get all the air out. some wont self bleed at all.

fuck knows if its a common problem with dorito motors 

I know it takes ages to bleed them properly :), I am being a bit impatient and jumping to conclusions too.

Apparently its fairly common though, well according to google. It has RTV everywhere so my expectations are fairly low and I guess I'm kind of expecting SOMETHING to be wrong.

2 minutes ago, Raizer said:

Lots of videos on YT of them like this (and MUCH worse), normally water seals gone/rotor equiv of a BHG.

Drill port time

Fixed for you

• Like 1

@Goat the Gc chucked in some spares. we talked about loading it up at nats but it never happened. I havent gone through it all yet i noticed  there is a overflow which i'm stocked about and spare intakes and side trims etc. Lots of stuff I never would of thought to ask for.

A+ would trade again. Can I get you fd for cheap in 10 years or so please :P

I topped off the coolant and with a freshly charged battery it fired up perfectly this morning. I left it to warm up and after about 10 mins it started missing then dropped down to one rotor. I'll have to do a compression test once it's warm and go through everything else