• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, ul9601 said:

who do you guys use for parts supply? 

Dino Enterprises in Cambridge

Ebay

Rock Auto

Rexbo (although can’t seem to get access anymore)

Lada Power

Auto Ricambi

Midwest Bayless

There’s more, but I can’t remember all of them off the top of my head. 

• Like 1

Would add Euro-Italian Car Parts in Albany to your list - Gavin is a top bloke and sometimes puts lollies in the courier packet.

Mal has sold Dino Enterprises, have not bought anything from the new guy yet, other than letting him know i had a new project (1100T) and if he had ANY bits that suited it at all, to let me know - he replied asking for a list of what i needed and i said, well at least one of everything, unfortunately no response :)  Take my $$$$, gosh! - not gonna force the man to make a sale or take my money, but that right there is more $ than i care to add up that have gone to ebay and youshop instead of a local speciality business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azzurro said:

Would add Euro-Italian Car Parts in Albany to your list - Gavin is a top bloke and sometimes puts lollies in the courier packet.

Mal has sold Dino Enterprises, have not bought anything from the new guy yet, other than letting him know i had a new project (1100T) and if he had ANY bits that suited it at all, to let me know - he replied asking for a list of what i needed and i said, well at least one of everything, unfortunately no response :)  Take my $$$$, gosh! - not gonna force the man to make a sale or take my money, but that right there is more $ than i care to add up that have gone to ebay and youshop instead of a local speciality business.

I wouldn’t rate the new guy as an improvement over Mal. Nowhere near the depth of knowledge and doesn’t strike me as a go-getter.

@azzurro & @Sunbeam can I please beg some wheel info? I have a set of 13"x6" +30 wards in 4x98 I wish to fit to my lada, I have test fitted one and can see I will need longer wheelbolts. what I am concerned about is the hub fitting - the lada steel wheels have a centrebore of roughly 58mm and the wards are roughly 65, they do conveniently have the little holes for the mounting tabs. Will I need a hub ring/spigot ring or is it not so important on these cars? Chur.

Also I ordered some bits from lada moscow on the 14/8 which turned up today and look good, I thought prices & shipping were pretty reasonable (got hatch struts, pair of rear wheel cylinders, front pads & a radiator cap) Though sending cc deets to russia was inherently scary haha

I think the correct answer is get some hub-centric rings.

However, wheel bolts are better for positive fitment than studs and nuts. 
Also, I have personally run 4x100 mags on an alfa with wobble bolts that weren’t hub centric either (in my defence I purchased the car in this condition) and I drove it HARD. I am not dead. 

Don’t do what I do. Hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

@doullama@ul9601 is right, you need special shouldered bolts for the Wards.

Can measure mine if you want, but you may need to 'make' some from shouldered nuts, and high tensile bolts with the head cut off and a blob of weld or loctite to hold them together as they are very hard to find new (ebay?)  let alone second hand. 

I also have plastic hub rings on mine too and that tidied up a lot of the 'wheel balance' shake i had before.

• Like 1

check out this siiiiiiick 125 lol.

SAM_5597.jpg.44c6ea807d6a150124fd59fb2506b25d.jpg

i didn't like ward all that much in the end (actually those are imitation ward). i did dig 40 year old rock hard fire stone with white letters.

front one came with the car but if i had a choice i d rather have factory steelies.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe. Not really fizzing to do another mission like I did with the MG. However, if needs must. I’ll get in touch with Classic Towing next week to see how prohibitively expensive shipping it will be. Dependent on alert levels too of course. Seller is happy to store it for as long as needed, BUT it’s been moved outside, so I’m feeling a bit of pressure because it won’t take long to slide downhill real fast.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On further testing, there’s a bit of loose flaky rust right around the bung area. You’re probably right, the innards are pretty good. I’ll remove the loose stuff and slosh some kero around it as a preservative until it’s ready for petrol again. Whenever that may be.

125s had the early twin cams (14xx cc and 1608cc) had thermostat in the head (cortina is the same part no) and a single exit housing and pretty standard hose routing, that 3 way thermostat is for the later twincams (124bc on, 131, 132, and ladas etc) that have a 'T' or two way housing and slightly strange hose routing as a result

Either system works fine but you only need the one :)

• Like 2