Auckland OS Cruise - Sunday 30th April - Hamilton

27 minutes ago, 0R10N said:

I'm okay with 8am.

However I was discussing it with Ant the V3000 Man, and he's currently torn between not meeting up with OS and getting there super early to sift through the bargains, or cruising with OS and potentially getting there too late to score anything cool.

It's a fair point. He could always shoot down first thing and then catch up with us when we arrive later.

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/04/2017 at 16:56, rustisize said:

Can i hitch a ride with someone or nah?  i can't really be bothered driving.

Well let me decide, if i'm coming right up north in the Green Mirage or the Stellar to pickup you up, then your gonna have too chip in for a fair amount of that gas mayte. Shes a pretty big job aye? It will also require me too get outta bed fairly early and be there at around 6AM.

You will also have to put up with my rambling on about Mitsubishi's all day, and "A groovy kind of love" I have for a particular kind of Korean car.

5 hours ago, MIRAGE-MAN said:

Well let me decide, if i'm coming right up north in the Green Mirage or the Stellar to pickup you up, then your gonna have too chip in for a fair amount of that gas mayte. Shes a pretty big job aye? It will also require me too get outta bed fairly early and be there at around 6AM.

You will also have to put up with my rambling on about Mitsubishi's all day, and "A groovy kind of love" I have for a particular kind of Korean car.

What about i drive as far as somewhere near glenfield?  That'd be cool of you though.

• Like 1

im out.

its the last day of a combined school holidays, easter, anzac extended holiday and getting into Auckland from the south on that day will be purgatory.

and TBH im not that enthused about the roads to hamilton. was keen as to retrace the north to Waipu route we took last time so the next time we go up there im in! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheepers said:

im out.

its the last day of a combined school holidays, easter, anzac extended holiday and getting into Auckland from the south on that day will be purgatory.

and TBH im not that enthused about the roads to hamilton. was keen as to retrace the north to Waipu route we took last time so the next time we go up there im in! 

You not take your kids away sheepers?

i was chauffeured from Auckland to Hamilton and back again by @0R10N in his DR30 recently. I think the best route would be to follow SH1 down to the fairly new Te Kauwhata interchange, veer West and cross the Waikato river and then take Rotongaro Road around Lake Rotongaro, through Huntly West and remain on the Western side of the Waikato river until Ngaruawahia. Then jump back onto SH1 at Horotiu and cruise the remaining few kilometres to the Classics Museum Swap Meet.

This route is exactly 100km from the Papakura BP truckstop to the Swap meet.

Here is a link to the route we will take:

ROUTE

Meet at the BP station before 8am and we'll leave at 8.

• Like 4

On Monday, 24 April 2017 at 21:17, oldrx7 said:

i don't think i can make it now either - taking the car for a wof saturday morning , i have a feeling it won't pass :)

since when do rotarys ever have wofs? just bring it. theres bound to be rougher looking cars you can hide amongst. or get a ride with us

can I come if I don't have an oldschool car? unsure if ill jump in with matt or bring my own car.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, dave123456789 said:

since when do rotarys ever have wofs? just bring it. theres bound to be rougher looking cars you can hide amongst. or get a ride with us

can I come if I don't have an oldschool car? unsure if ill jump in with matt or bring my own car.

Just quietly, I don't have any working Oldschool cars left hahahaha. So will have to arrange a ride or take one of the daily vehicles.
So yeah in my opinion I'd rather have people turn up in something than not turn up at all because they don't have an old car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dave123456789 said:

haha you do have a point -

but nah I've been pushing it already (wof's been out since nats), not really too fussed about the potential of a fine or cops, its more that driving it means no insurance if something shitty was to happen.

But thanks for the offer of a seat though, but since i'd already talked myself out of taking my car I've promised the mrs we'll be doing house reno stuff

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Threeonthetree said:

Just quietly, I don't have any working Oldschool cars left hahahaha. So will have to arrange a ride or take one of the daily vehicles.
So yeah in my opinion I'd rather have people turn up in something than not turn up at all because they don't have an old car.

It's just like my Dad always said "be good to your Mum son and remember British cars don't work" 

• Like 2