Auckland OS Cruise - Sunday 30th April - Hamilton

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/04/2017 at 10:53, Threeonthetree said:

- Turning off SH1 at Pokeno, heading South through Pukekawa on SH22 but continuing even further South through Naike, crossing the border into the Waikato shortly after and then turning East onto Hetherington road and joining SH1 back at Huntly

This route takes you through the least amount of roadworks.

Another option is to stay on the western side of the river as far as Whatawhata.

• Like 2

So the Swap Meet starts at 7am but realistically I don't think most of us want to leave Auckland at 5:45am on a Sunday in order to be there at the start time.
How about meeting at the BP in Drury at 8am? Even with the alternate routes we will still arrive in Hamilton and at the Swap Meet before 10am. That gives us a good couple of hours of browsing before heading off to Midnight Upholstery at around lunch time.

• Like 1

I'm okay with 8am.

However I was discussing it with Ant the V3000 Man, and he's currently torn between not meeting up with OS and getting there super early to sift through the bargains, or cruising with OS and potentially getting there too late to score anything cool.

• Like 1