Kimjon's go-kart "for the kids"

Kimjon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few spills and frills later, we entered the local schools Trolley Derby.

Where she got 2nd place in her age bracket.

Don't worry, the other girl was fine. There were plenty of crashes...but no one was hurt. Its so cool that a school allows such things to go ahead in this crazy risk averse world.

Kj

• Like 8

Te Miro school, where it's remote enough to escape the PC curse that is taking fun away from kids "since ages ago".

That project was done with minimal tools (okay I did use a lathe, but i could have done without). The welder i used was an old arc welder worth about $150, it even handled the thin pipe on the roll bar by basically doing a start/stop technique. I do have a mig... but I like to use the old arc welder whenever I can.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

This is Awesome!

Slash I'm actually keen to build an old wooden trolly for max nostalgia with the old rope steering and 1 sided Wood on wheel brake.

Go on...only good things can come out of it :-)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seedy Al said:

This is Awesome!

Slash I'm actually keen to build an old wooden trolly for max nostalgia with the old rope steering and 1 sided Wood on wheel brake.

Trolley wheels for Max speed. Dad 'found' some off a airport trolley for mine and fuck it was fast. I remember hitting a bump, getting air then landing upside-down and taking most of the skin off my shoulder. 

This is cool, the roll bar is a good idea too imo. /it needs bigger wheels to soak up the bumps on the grass 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...