Transparent urethane sealant?

Guypie

The tail light lens on my car has popped off the light housing on one of my cars. Is there a urethane sealant or something similar that is transparent and will reliably stick to plastics? It looks like it was originally heated to fusing temperature and stuck together without any glue in the factory. I think I will probably only get one shot to get it right so just wondering if anyone has any experience with gluing lights back together. The glue will need to be clear as it will be visible otherwise

FWIW, I've used the above for exactly what you're wanting to do, except it was on an E46 BMW that the rear lense had detached from the housing.  No fogging, clouding, melting or any of that jazz, just clear glue.  My only advice would be to ensure that you squeeze it out/on uniformly and both sides are clean or you may get some ingress of glue onto the facets of the lense which could make it look darker in patches. 

• Like 1