Custom fuel rail

Abarth

Hey

Looking at getting a new fuel rail for a Fiat Punto GT. Been searching on the interwebs and there are a couple round Europe but they are steep at 199 Euros each.

I was wondering if anyone has had one custom made locally in NZ?

Cheers

Im unsure of your setup.but i made a custom fuel rail for my 2jzge.i got a 2foot length of alloy fuel rail extrusion off ebay.the main hole is the right size for a an10 thread and i just drilled my own injector holes. I think it was about $90nz for the fuel rail including shipping 

Might give that a go, the factory rail runs this fuel pressure reg on the end which as been replace by a Malpassi one like in the yellow car. 

Aiming to follow a similar setup as the yellow car in the photo.

Did you tap a helicoil in to the AN10 thread? 

fiat-punto-gt3-turbo-oem-fuel-rail-0280151024-and-regulator-0280160515_222009720792.jpg

17204488_10154948549636745_1380038664_n.jpg

I do this reasonably often at work, you just tap it with a 7/16-14 thread (which is an10) straight into the alloy and use a 10mm hole to pilot the injector holes for a 13.5mm pin guide end mill ( not all the way through of course) to make sure you get a nice surface finish for the injector orings to seal on.

• Like 4

Hey man, it is just an end mill with the tip ground down to a pin so there is no flutes there and it acts as a guide, you buy them,they aren't cheap, but they are the right tool for the job, the one you want in this case is a 10mm pin and 13.5mm cutting diameter. 

Order of ops is

Pilot hole of your preferred size

10mm hole all the way through

13.5 mm end mill down to say 1/2 depth

Deburr and chamfer both outside and inside.

I do it all in the drill press so I can use the depth stop for the endmill, (the last set I did were for a v10, so having all the holes at the same depth made it easier for mounting the injectors) and use a digital angle finder to set it up level in both directions, but if you were careful I don't see why you couldn't do it all with a cordless hand drill.

• Like 2

On 16/03/2017 at 12:32, nzed said:

Yeah just a guided endmill like a counterboring tool.

Don't wanna be an egg but you sure AN10 is 7/16" Mr rookie? ;)

Think it mightve been a typo. I normally make it 7/8" when I machine that fitting size. 

Good catch bro, it is indeed 7/8"-14

• Like 1