bit newschool electrics...

sholdowa

Please delete if inappropriate

Hi folks,

The bosses 04 TT has started playing up ( well, tbh it's falling to bits really but that's another story ).

The indicators work fine if the engine is off, but won't flash when they are. Has anyone seen this problem before I start looking for bad earths all over the car??

Cheers,

Steve

New BCM time then, more than likely.

I think you can use a second-hand one, but by the time you find one and weigh up how much life it's got left in it, plus having it re-coded to your particular car, you'd be better off getting a new unit from Audi and letting them code it for you.

Are the hazards affected in the same way. Is it indicator on both side that is a no-go? Most of that canbus stuff ups seem to be due to resistance issues so dramas with the indicator stalk terminals are worth considering.

I have no specific audi knowledge so maybe the BCM is a possibility.

Sorry for the delay... customers, who'd have them!

Has changed now. No flashing on indicators whether engine running or not - they just stay on solid. Hazards are fine. All indicators are lighting up in both cases.

I did get a couple of flashes on indicators after checking hazards, then they stopped again for good.

A bit of googling and it turns out to be a common problem - the relays are in the hazard unit, and they get gummed up. Unfortunately, the mountings for the hazards broke a couple of years ago, and it's held in with a bit of bent wire. A damn good shake and waggling of the connector block and all seem to be working. At least I know what to hit if it happens again. 

Most glad not to be learning cambus at my age... (:

Cheers,

Steve

• Like 2