d.p.n.s mk5 cortina discussion

d.p.n.s

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

IF i was going to put a barra in it mate i would go NA with 6 side suckers ....and some cams...that would be plenty of power and the sound.............oh the sound

but no im not going to put a barra in it.

now back to the valiant with you mate........go on..........off you go........i want to see that thing back on the road

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

When are you going to put a turbo Barra donk in it?

Be better to start with an Aussie 6 Tina if you wanna fit a Barra, factory modified firewall to fit the Falcon 200/250 with a BW75 diff and BW 4-speed.  Half the work's done for aleady...

corty%20bara.jpg

https://www.streetmachine.com.au/street-machine-tv/1609/1100rwhp-barra-powered-ford-cortina-video

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, d.p.n.s said:

No think I'll just stick with the pinto....maybe turbo but leave it pinto.

You've got it looking so original, imho would be a shame to change the engine too much.  fwiw, South Auckland Motors offered a turbo as an option on the Mk5 Cortina, so that would be a period correct mod.

2 hours ago, locost_bryan said:

You've got it looking so original, imho would be a shame to change the engine too much.  fwiw, South Auckland Motors offered a turbo as an option on the Mk5 Cortina, so that would be a period correct mod.

Yeah I want to keep it as it is but panel and repaint it and I do have a 205 long block and some turbo treats......

So maybe 1 day