Can anybody identify this carb?

daveyc123

Hi all!! Just wondering if anybody can identify  this carb? It's currently on a 1300cc viva but Its not standard and was fitted by a previous owner. It's possibly off a Ford?  And as a bonus question because the air filter housing has been removed I have a rubber  hose coming from the oil filler cap to nothing, what happens with this? Is it the crankcase breather? Do I put one of those little filters on it? 

As always all help is appreciated!  Here's the pics:

20170226_134129.jpg

20170226_134139-1.jpg

Ford, FIAT, Simca, BMW, Opel all used a 32/36 DFV or DGV. Same carb but mirror image of each other. Hugely popular as a replacement for most carburettors of the era

Much better than a Zenith or in this case a Stromberg, new ones available cheaper than rebuild.

As for the breather not important unless it's fumey, get a gauze type  filter kit that most 32/36 use and you'll find there's an elbow to attach the breather pipe

• Like 1

So turns out the Ford version is a DGV and on reading above it turns out that a DFV is mirror image of a DGV.  

No idea what DFVs are off but I remember I saw a fairly comprehensive list of factory Weber carbs this one time. 

• Like 1