Tumeke's 2.5 PI Trumpet

Tumeke

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice, i remember seeing this on the tard. Dont get rid of the mechanical injection, it is actually lush if set up right, unfortunately you will have to de barry that. The injection system is super easy to get your head around, i have a bunch of the old lucas manuals and can get copies if ya like. 99% of the time the problem with them is a blocked fuel filter or leaking injector seals that have caused the system to lose its prime. once you sort your spark issue out follow this process

-remove all spark plugs

- remove all injectors from the throttle body but still connected to metering unit, jam them all in a big glass jar or summin

- jump the car to a running vehicle

-crank for like 5 minutes to prime the injectors, they should all have a nice crisp fine conical spray

them jam everything back in and do a phat skid 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BLIZZO said:

nice, i remember seeing this on the tard. Dont get rid of the mechanical injection, it is actually lush if set up right, unfortunately you will have to de barry that. The injection system is super easy to get your head around, i have a bunch of the old lucas manuals and can get copies if ya like. 99% of the time the problem with them is a blocked fuel filter or leaking injector seals that have caused the system to lose its prime. once you sort your spark issue out follow this process

-remove all spark plugs

- remove all injectors from the throttle body but still connected to metering unit, jam them all in a big glass jar or summin

- jump the car to a running vehicle

-crank for like 5 minutes to prime the injectors, they should all have a nice crisp fine conical spray

them jam everything back in and do a phat skid 

Pretty much what I had in mind, soon as I can find the sparks. I think we found them on the weekend but by that time I'd flooded her, so will pop in (maybe tonight) and see if she'll fire :) Not sure that the stater motor will last five minutes though -  #lucasprinceofdarkness

LucasReplacementSmokeKit1.jpg

• Like 1

@BLIZZO Did your thing last night - got all injectors doing the spray thing. Had to blow a couple out on the compressor @ 70psi .

Some how managed to smash a dizzy rotor into 4 bits. Also noticed there was another broken one in the boot. Not sure if it's cause the cap wasn't aligned properly or would this be a sign of a dodgy dizzy?

Still no brum brum.

@locost_bryan IS the Lucas stuff  Chinese  now you reckon?I have a spare dizzy cap at home to narrow that down and can flog the rotor off the Humber to see if that works. Both of which are newish from http://www.classiccarparts.co.nz/  - not sure where their Lucas stuff comes from?!

unsure why dizzy would smash rotors, possibly whip it out and check that there isnt an abundance of shaft play, and yea make sure cap is sitting on properly, i have never had that problem before. Once that if you have spark and its still not doing anything it could possibly be that the metering unit has been timed incorrectly when re installed. its not hard to re time, there are good instructions in the lucas PI manuals.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tumeke said:

@locost_bryan IS the Lucas stuff  Chinese  now you reckon?I have a spare dizzy cap at home to narrow that down and can flog the rotor off the Humber to see if that works. Both of which are newish from http://www.classiccarparts.co.nz/  - not sure where their Lucas stuff comes from?!

Good question about what is genuine Lucas and what is Chinese repro.  Some discussion on the Marina forum recommends http://www.distributordoctor.com/rotor_arms.html

• Like 1