Cletus' '68 Plymouth post car

RUNAMUCK

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, mjrstar said:

Are you running a resistor in the sense wire?

No, just a bulb 

It worked in the previous setup with the China bosch , the light comes on and goes off as soon as I start it. Comes on if you disconnect the sense wire 

3 hours ago, mjrstar said:

I wonder if it's a winding issue which is only apparent when belt tension is applied. I'm assuming the bench test is driven directly on the front..

Test bench has a belt drive, it's a pretty cool bit of gear, it's huge 

3 hours ago, RXFORD said:

Is it spinning fast enough to throw little electric people where they need to go?

ie; pulley sizing correct for idle speed of crank pulley diam?

This has crossed my mind as the crank pulley is smaller than a normal sb mopar , it's off a marine engine. It is the same as it was with the previous alternator though. A big rev does not change it 

I had regulator issues on a newish alternator on my hilux recently.

Alternator was just over a year old, and I only managed about 10tho Kms on it, and unfortunately out of warranty.

I took it to Lance @ Autowire who pulled it apart and the regulator failed on it. Turns out the alternator itself was ok but the cheap Chinese regulator let go.

He sourced and fitted quality genuine denso unit and it was good to go

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Do you have a pair of front runner tyres?

I once asked on a forum filled with clever people , " how fast do you need to go before you need front runners?

They answer was, youre thinking back to front. Its not how fast do you go before you need them, they help you to go faster. 

/every bit helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cletus said:

Probably should have them, because of bias ply Hoosiers on the back, but when those are worn out I might try some drag radials , so would need a radial on the front 

Is this a thing?

I know absolutely nothing about tyres, except that drag ones bite hard out of rhe hole.