• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, datlow said:

Have you heard about the wonderful cooling effects of meth :smile:

Will it be attending os drags?

Was considering that this morning actually, there's probably no reason why it can't be finished for that

17 minutes ago, thegreatestben said:

I'm no expert on cooling/airflow but looks like you could close in the air path to go through the radiator better?
Looks fricken chur and still remember going for a ride in your other turbo tank.

Yeah that's a good idea, I might look at sealing around it, I made a panel on the VG to stop air escaping over the top for similar reasons  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/05/2022 at 13:00, cletus said:

Brakes are a bit spongy, might need next size up master cyl, might improve once they bed in a bit 

Seats are a bit low 

Book for cert and see what they say :thumbleft:

Must have some decent beans when you press the go peddle too.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Toddy415 said:

What about a low speed fan for general around town like commodores had and high speed for if it gets hot. But make it actually work unlike commodores haha. 

Space is the biggest issue. Limited to what will fit. 

We spoke about the issue of the Inlet and outlet being on same side of rad, so I rekon restricting the lower hose to slow the flow down would be a nice easy test.  If coolants passing through the system too quick its not going to get cooled as it should.

If it works I can mod the radiator tanks to triple pass them and shift one outlet to opposite side. 

• Like 1

Is there line of sight  from this exhaust pipe to your radiator?
It might just be beaming radiant heat directly into your radiator. Which being all alloy, it just loves to soak up.

Should be pretty easy to test, just need pretty much anything that breaks line of sight between the parts will help. 
With an air gap away from both parts ideally.
Thin shiny stainless steel sheet would be ideal if there's any around you can just cable tie to your engine bay or something.

20210106_212923.jpg.7a503aaa1dd1dd9f587b5474b7f05c1f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the cooling issue you have is not a air flow related issue. More air will help but is a band aid for another issue. i think the problem you have is that the water is not spending enough time getting cooled in the radiator because the water speed is too fast. 

A couple ways to solve it is too pull the radiator out and have it triple or double passed so the water spends more time in the radiator and has to flow in a circuit rather than straight in and out. 

or machine a piece or use a frost plug and drill a hole in it and place it in the bottom hose perhaps which will slow the flow down. this is a trick that has been used before and from what ive heard helps. would be a good way to know if your going in the right direction without pulling the car to bits. this trick i was going to do on the galaxie to help with the getting hot issue.

ive also got some frost plugs so if you want to try it and know the size flick me a pm 

• Like 5