• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Just now, cletus said:

Fuck cars

I'm going to start a more lucrative career in wind chimes 

Man there’s not much more annoying than a neighbour with some wind chimes when your trying to sleep!!

A+ turbo/zorst work tho...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bicknell autosport engineering in east tamaki, they do some pretty interesting stuff. I'm not actually sure if he did it or gets it done somewhere else, I just dropped off an old bit of fuel pipe I'd bent into the shape i needed  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The guy there said $1950 +gst to blast, prime, and paint. 

Quite pricey but everyone I've asked says they do a good job, I could get it done for less than half the cost but I dont think it would be as good as I want it to be 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just something you might want to fix with your new sump.

the new sump doesn't have a notch for your dipstick so the stick wont go in.

a easy fix is some heat and bend a area in the sump for it to clear past

your old sump does if you check the photo.

otherwise good progress

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a good plaster/ painter in west auckland who is very cheep and dose a nice job, I have seen his work and he did my TS250 frame, he dosnt really have an advert anywhere, I can find his number if you want.

Probably good to put a stock oil pump back in I have been told they do more harm than good for engines that are not race engines with the extra bearing clearance 

Yeah I am more than capable of fucking things up all by myself for much less cost  

On a positive note I called in to the painters to have a proper look at the hoodlining and it looks like some stitching has let go so my mrs should be able to fix it good enough for now, it wasn't mint anyway so meh. 

@piazzanoob cheers for the heads up, the new pan clears the dipstick ok, I did have to put a hole in the baffle cause I'd already got that wrong once before on the engine in the vg

@SOHC thanks but it's already at the painter, is that an indian guy around Cartwright road somewhere? I had a customer with a torana that had been painted quite cheap and it was surprisingly good 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cletus said:

@SOHC thanks but it's already at the painter, is that an indian guy around Cartwright road somewhere? I had a customer with a torana that had been painted quite cheap and it was surprisingly good 

No way, this guy was at the bottom of forist hill road, he blasts car under body’s and dose a surprisingly good job