• 4 months later...
  • Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm extremely disappointed that you're not fitting knock off chinese Bride seats, procured off a sideways hat page on farcebook. You'll never be able to rip.it like Lil jonny without them.

you'll likely also not suffer back injuries from broken seats either. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Valiant said:

Recaros, yes!

Its mandatory that they smell if weed, port royal, and pink nosed pitty cross puppies.

Can you confirm this is the case?

Not yet. 

I can sort a dog smell but I might need a hand with the other aromas 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Good day to you Peter

I briefly thought about it, but it means a lot more work/ rework of things I've already done or purchased, and changes the look of the engine bay quite a lot which I'm not keen on 

If my plan works, I think it should be quite straight forward and easy to achieve, and still look factory in the engine bay  

Bilstein shocks with circlip grooves for the lower spring platform 

Already have springs and upper adjusters in stock

Lower arm will need a bush housing machining up, tig it in, will replace Chrysler bush and pin setup with a long bolt , probably use a leaf spring shackle bush setup 

Strengthening the shock mount I think a curved bar welded to the chassis and shock brace should be good enough

I went down a tangent of mounting the turbo at the back again which would have its pluses and minuses but I think this path is easier and potentially a better result  

• Haha 1

Good afternoon Cletus.

You raise a number of valid points, and it is my opinion that you should continue as you were intending to.

I am however quite taken by the idea of an S chassis front end swap and find it most disappointing that cars of this ilk have be come so expensive.

It is my opinion that an S chassis has much to offer an early Valiant.

Regards.

Peter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've often wondered how plausible it would be to adapt the front end out of a mid 2000's nissan.

They're a heavier car, (pushing 1850+kgs) yet have handling these mighty and venerable mopars could only dream of.

I myself am all in favour of the proposed upgrade. Mainly because I can copy it for minimal cost/effort.

I think you'd definitely want to also brace the lower arm, as seen on you tube.  And after seeing  that undercar video of a certain white vg sedan, I'm not really a fan of the under engineered top arm mounts either. (They almost always crack)

• Like 3