Downsizing 2jz 1uz injectors?!?

uza63

Ok so it is what it seams,  im thinking about taking the 251cc 1uz injectors out of my soarer and fitting celsior 215cc instead. I figure if the ecu can "self learn" to handle 7psi then it can sort its shit out and save me some gas.

This is just from reading online. Has anyone some input into the 1uz or even 2jzge ecu? And whether my plans will fail? Because thats the next thing doing the same to the 2j 330cc and going to like , the old 251cc 1uzs!boom just saved coin.

Fuels going up folks and ive got 2 sweet little gttrs in the garage for going fast.

*whisper* Economy....

??

The injectors don't inject their max cc all the time.

Doesn't matter what cc injectors you have, you still need roughly the same amount of fuel to make the same power.

Calculate the power you want to make, then there is some formula all over the Internet for the amount of fuel that is then divide by 8 injectors. Plus 20% so your injectors are not at 100% duty cycle.

That is the minimum size you can run

• Like 4

Injector size has no effect on fuel efficiency. The ECU will try to compensate for the smaller injectors by increasing their duty cycle, up to the point that it maxes out the fuel trim, and chances are you'll be buying a new engine after lunching that one.

• Like 3