KKtrips

KK's XE Falcon Longroof - Discussion

81 posts in this topic

Shit yeah 12 slots for the win.

She's looking good man. Colour match looks sharp. 

Do you still need a mirror?

1 person likes this

32 minutes ago, 64vauxhall said:

Shit yeah 12 slots for the win.

She's looking good man. Colour match looks sharp. 

Not 12 slots-  factory steel mang.

27 minutes ago, SOHC said:

Do you still need a mirror?

Yes definitely!!  We thought we had one but turned out it was for an XF (which is different of course LOL)

I see you got that lense.  Did you order that yourself or the shop do it?  I told my boss about that site for his XF ute but the online shipping is not playing ball.

looks like they're doing it right with the stud puller thingy, instead of an inch of bog, which is nice.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, kyteler said:

I see you got that lense.  Did you order that yourself or the shop do it?  I told my boss about that site for his XF ute but the online shipping is not playing ball.

Shop did it.

Just get them to send the part to Spiro and tell him to send it on with some Melbourne heroin stuffed in the bulb holders.

2 people like this

Have you tried foxton wreckers? 

I'll be in ohakune next week so could try horopito motors. You never know what they have stashed upstairs.

46 minutes ago, Seedy Al said:

Have you tried foxton wreckers? 

No, but good idea. Will keep it in the old grey cells if current avenues are fruitless.

26 minutes ago, Nominal said:

I'll be in ohakune next week so could try horopito motors. You never know what they have stashed upstairs.

Was next on the suggestion list from the panelbeater. Would be mucho aprecciato if you could do this for me.

If you have no luck give Bernie at Preston St Auto Wreckers in Invercargill a call but be warned he can be a cantankerous cunt so you basically have to ring up telling him what you want and that you're going to get it if he has it, if he even smells you dicking him around he'll tell you to fuck off. 

2 people like this

Great to see progress chief.  Repairs remind me of...

hellraiser.jpg

2 people like this

Also, doesn't look like there was a lot of rust lurking under there. Unlike a 2000+ Falcon.

5 people like this

He was giving it a final sand after guide coating the panel when I was in there yesterday afternoon

4 hours ago, k-trips said:

Yes definitely!!  We thought we had one but turned out it was for an XF (which is different of course LOL)

I will ask someone tommrow, I gess you don't want some sun baked heap of shit

1 person likes this

preferably not - but I'll consider anything right now

I asked a friend who use to own Railside wreckers and his mate but they don't have any, but they asked did you try Sam at Aging Auto Spares?

1 person likes this

I'll try get down to the shed this weekend. I bought a door at some point and stripped it. Can't remember if it had a mirror, if so I know where to look. 

You asked that kook falconfutura on the Tard?

Is xafordgod still on the tard? Think his real name is Brendan. From Rangiora. Use to have all sorts of different coons and coon stuff. XE might be too new for him though.

Also Hinds Garage (at Hinds in South Canterbury obviously) has a lot of obscure shit that might be hard to find anywhere else. Mostly British but I've seen some coon stuff there. The place is like a cross between a hoarder's house and a museum but everything is for sale.

Back in the 90a new mirrors were still available. Maybe Kent ditributors? 

The old man's xd ute went through quite a few.

5 hours ago, igor said:

Is xafordgod still on the tard? Think his real name is Brendan. From Rangiora. Use to have all sorts of different coons and coon stuff. XE might be too new for him though.

Also Hinds Garage (at Hinds in South Canterbury obviously) has a lot of obscure shit that might be hard to find anywhere else. Mostly British but I've seen some coon stuff there. The place is like a cross between a hoarder's house and a museum but everything is for sale.

He lives in Hornby now, mainly wrecks AU's these days.