KKtrips

KK's XE Falcon Longroof - Discussion

81 posts in this topic

Sorry to see that! I too was sad to see the sight of a busted Eager knowing that it would probably be hard to find a replacement - would look so dumb if the insurance co replaced just one tyre with a Linglong or something.

3 people like this

Worst thing is those tyres are a particularly cunty one to replace. They are a GR width which has no direct metric equivalent, they came off an American import with next to zero miles on them.

2 people like this

Oh Bugger! damage don't look to bad kk, shame about the tyre. Don't let the bean counters fuck you over! insist it get put back same for same.

1 person likes this

Argue the collectable tyre aspect, not dissimilar to a fine cuban cigar, as long as you don't put them up in smoke they are covered

1 person likes this

shit man, condolences. clearly your wag/tyre combo is too phat for people to pass.

3 people like this

This sux bro, my prayers go out to you in this time of need. I have faith that the wag gods will look after you.

And this is for the Eager.pou_7153.png.db755b2bdcfe888d049c07c028122e0a.png

6 people like this

Does anyone have hookups for taillight and mirror? Turns out that they are harder to find than good cheap scotch.

/insurance is asking for me to hook them up, anyome got leads?

1 person likes this

will have a hunt around at work tomorrow, we have some old x? stuff/ should be the panel shops problem to find the parts not yours

2 people like this

8 hours ago, k-trips said:

Does anyone have hookups for taillight and mirror? Turns out that they are harder to find than good cheap scotch.

I assume they've tried Partstrader then.  As they're supposed to.  That said the boss got a side cut for his XE ute privately because PT failed at coming back with anything.  Give the young fella you got it from a ring, he's probably got some hookups/connections.

1 person likes this

Yeah they've had it on PT for 2 weeks now and managed to get a tailight but I think he said it was scratched and a corner is broken off. I think he has got that at least so when I take it away while trying to find the bits it will have working tail lights.

Could just leave it to the panelbeater to find the parts but I'm fine to help out where I can. Will pop in and see him Wednesday and see how shits going anyway.

1 person likes this

Just asked on EffBee for you m8.

Will forward any local leads.

1 person likes this

Jamie/Deluxe ford spares? he sure has some shit stashed in there.

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, k-trips said:

Are xf Ute the same

13 minutes ago, nickrock said:

Are xf Ute the same

Nope. 

Got a up close pic of the light?

Sounds like something that could be found in an old nail box on some barrys table of junk at Vegas swapmeat

1 person likes this

31168096460_1c3c824391_o.jpg

Open this is a new tab for full size.

2 people like this

Found a taillight it seems (see Clints reply above) tyres look to be sortable and the mirror is the next sticking point.

3 people like this

Did you manage to find another tyre the same?

Nah, going to get a pair of 245-50-14's (the only size Eagers are still made in) and fit them to the front then move the 2 front GR-60-14's to the rear and keep 1 spare GR-60--14 in stock for just in case. (eventually I'll put the GR-60-14's on the 9" rims)

Still waiting to hear if insurance is going to pay for a pair or if I'm going to need to pay for 1. Hopefully they pay for the pair because it's considered impossible to match them.

9 people like this