Otago/Southland Meat discussion thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New to the page, not to the area. Live in Queenstown area, have done so for a few years now and just trying to branch out and find more people into cars, and potentially make some new friends along the way. Would be keen for meet, cruise etc and had been thinking of starting something locally within the Queenstown area where we got together every couple of weekends on friday evening for a quick cruise or meet at pub, carpark etc. Anything already exist like this that I've been missing out on?

• Like 2

welcome to OS Mazda Dave!

there currently isn't any local events here in Queenstown - i think i'm the only QT member on here, @kiwi808 lives in Cromwell also. because of such a big area we have organised a southland/otago meet and cruise every couple of months. i'll be organising a run through Southland next month so should come along to that!

if you want to get something started in Queenstown let me know and we can go for a meet up and cruise type deal 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mazda Dave said:

New to the page, not to the area. Live in Queenstown area, have done so for a few years now and just trying to branch out and find more people into cars, and potentially make some new friends along the way. Would be keen for meet, cruise etc and had been thinking of starting something locally within the Queenstown area where we got together every couple of weekends on friday evening for a quick cruise or meet at pub, carpark etc. Anything already exist like this that I've been missing out on?

On the first Sunday of every month there is a Petrol Head meeting at Warbirds over Wanaka. But unlike Petrol Head Breakfasts in other parts of the country all cars are welcome.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nick Ritchie said:

welcome to OS Mazda Dave!

there currently isn't any local events here in Queenstown - i think i'm the only QT member on here, @kiwi808 lives in Cromwell also. because of such a big area we have organised a southland/otago meet and cruise every couple of months. i'll be organising a run through Southland next month so should come along to that!

if you want to get something started in Queenstown let me know and we can go for a meet up and cruise type deal 

Well, maybe there is two of us now living in Queenstown on here!!! :) and if there are others around the area like  @kiwi808 maybe we can get more on this forum or start our own FB page. Would be keen to meet up @Nick Ritchie at some point soon and see if we can make something more regular happen. I tried to approach the Queenstown Car Club but haven't really heard back from them... So thinking lets organise our own group. My number is 021 114 0109

rogeeee

having a looksie at the map, meeting point will be Winton - RSA or something similarly delightful? at say 12pm. then roll down Highway 96 to Nightcaps and stop at the pub. through Ohai, perhaps photo opportunity in front of derelict buildings and the like. then through the dense western Southland bush, onwards to Tuatapere, stop at Cosy Nook or one of the beaches on the coast, and finish in Riverton with a shandy.

• Like 2